dcsimg
A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Who is the best game programmer in flashkit??

Who is the best game programmer in flashkit??

Any 1 know who the best flash programmer is is it tonypa since isnt he the 1 who created all the tile based games and tutorals??

(i dont know what this has to do with this topic) just wondering who was lol

Flashkit is a community, not a solo performance. With that said I will now answer your question in a better way. Flashkit is the best flash programmer around.

(squizie, malee, tonypa) <---- if these guys are impressed you have done something right.

lol im still lerning i can only make basic space games,platformgames,racinggames,And alot more =P

hey thats awesome, never say only, be prowd of yourself, no matter what you know or how much of it you know.

im getting better =P

ever how long have u been a game programmer for???

ok if u think ur the best game programmer say u are here =P
    Last edited by XareoX; 10-03-2006 at 11:24 PM.

I have been programming games since around 1986, but back then it was on a commador 64, then this thing called Qbasic came out around the time IBM computers made a big hit. This was a great deal of fun but lacked artistic capabilities. a little while later Visual basic came out and opened the door for using drawn graphics within your games. After about 2 years of just having fun with it and never seeing an income I got into html coding and started building websites, which eventually lead into starting a marketing company, for the next 3-4 years coding took a back seat.

Now I'm back in action trying to catch up to all the kiddies with action script, and 3ds max 8 as now my business is getting alot of website deals and not so much marketing stuff. AKA business cards billboards, adds etc, etc.

(i'm sure I left out a ton, as I am an artist as well and thats a whole other story)

Ok wow u must have been busy =P

check out my stuff in my signature...

did you ever get street runner to work?

nope not yet because of my hody connectioni playd lost!!!! That was ok but not much to do yet canty wait till quests come out but i want 2 play ur street runner =P

yea lost has potential, did you kill any ogres? or shadow throwers up north? they hide in the trees. The preists down by the cave will heal any injured enemies so stay away from em lol (there movement looks jacked up right now, but they still spam heal themsleves and chase others down to heal them, I'll mess it that another time)

So I am thinking that street runner should have a whole city map, like 25 cars, and basically when you start the game you got 1 car and like 2 parts of the city to access. then as you start to win the drag races you unlock more cars and more parts of the city untill you become a street bully and win.

right now its just 3 cars 1 track and no city. but the premise is there. I want the city to be very deatiled also so its going to take a while.
    Last edited by everfornever; 10-04-2006 at 12:06 AM.

are you talking bout that racegame, AGAIN ?

hahaha......

yea man did you try it since I made it a racer? It's my new project. that I want to finish.

yea i think u have a good idea for the street racer game

Now about lost i saw 1 of those things and it was attacking me how the hell do i kill it what do i press ??

yes, I did, it's terrible, I estimate the fps on my computer around 1 or 2. Change the screen size and cut the bitmap into pieces. I can't tell you at this moment what I think of it, because it's unplayable.

Something totally different: Could you talk alittle bit less? I'm member of the forum since one and a half year, check the site 2 or 3 times a day, and comment when I feel to. You're member since a month, and almost reach my amount of posts. I'm nobody here, but I feel the quality of "my number one knowledgebase" is going down, because of all your blabla. I'm sorry.

u talking about me or ever??

We are talking about his games because this is the game fourm =P

Quote Originally Posted by XareoX
    Any 1 know who the best flash programmer is is it tonypa since isnt he the 1 who created all the tile based games and tutorals??
    Duh.. Its ME, obviously...

Something totally different: Could you talk alittle bit less?
    Ditto.

You cant just decide who is the best game programmer... You could ask who has had to most sucess and or who has the most experiance.

And to me it seems like you want to know who can make the best games, the programmer doesnt make a game good. Its every aspect of game making that makes games good
    92.7 Fresh FM for all your South Aussies - Doof Doof music FTW people!

crossconscious
    the programmer doesnt make a game good
    Yes he does. Gameplay is programming. So a good games programmer makes good games.
    However, he doesn't have to write clean code in a good coding style for the game to be fun. If that's what you meant, then I agree

a good games designer (concepts not graphics) makes good ideas. a good programmer makes good ideas great games. a good artist makes great games magic.