dcsimg
A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Who is the best game programmer in flashkit??

i am the best
    lather yourself up with soap - soap arcade

But it still fills prams ivorsmallun's Avatar
    You've started something mr_malee.
    No I'm the best lol...

You two... fight for death!

What a great thread, it's as blunt as you like.

imho there is a world of difference between a great coder, and a great games developer. Same as the difference between building something, and creating something.

Squize.

Quote Originally Posted by Squize
    What a great thread, it's as blunt as you like.

imho there is a world of difference between a great coder, and a great games developer. Same as the difference between building something, and creating something.

Squize.
    Agreed!

PS: For the record that hooligan2001 has some real potential to be the best. He just has to finish something first

Tonypa made his program based on an other guys tile based games. Something like that.

Student
    outside of society was his inspiration (for the tile stuff),- and that guy again was inspired by even older technology,
    - btw. this thread is very childish and drags down the quality of this board

i wouldn´t go that far to think this thread drags down the quality of the board (though yeah,its blunt ).
    I totally agree with Squize´s comment though, a great coder isn´t automatically a great game developer. Some people can design application setup,create an uml for that and do the whole thing with all the nice design patterns implemented; they have all the abilities and experience needed to create slick functional apps.
    But no experience with games,no interest in em or just no talent or dedication to create something entertaining and they´d make up for very bad game developers.
    A game developer has to know his language,tools/dev environment like any artist has to know his tools and there has to be a solid amount of base skills needed to pull things off but yup,knowing the tools/language alone doesn´t make you a great game developer at all.

To me it´d be really hard to pick the best game developer (wouldn´t even try to pick the best coder,its nonsense until i see all of them coding in front of me ),some have shown nice games,others nice engines and sometimes its not clear if a game turned out crappy because of lack of talent/dedication/time or client wish or something totally different went weird so its not really possible to judge.

What a wierd topic. You cant just say whos the best.
    (squizie, malee, tonypa) <---- if these guys are impressed you have done something right.
    You are forgetting tomsamson and wiloughby_jackson (if thats how you spell it) and probably loads of others but FK isnt about whos best its really about helping each other.
    "I'd only told them the truth. Was that so selfish? Our integrity sells for so little, but it is all we really have. It is the very last inch of us, but within that inch, we are free."

I'm not the best coder, but I'm the most handsome. Does that count?

'm not the best coder, but I'm the most handsome.
    Dream on mate, dream on
    "I'd only told them the truth. Was that so selfish? Our integrity sells for so little, but it is all we really have. It is the very last inch of us, but within that inch, we are free."

yes, that also counts evilkris

I myself was once an amazing right winger, playing below my standards at a lower league side in Holland.

anyway, here's my vote: phreax > squize > tonypa > marmotte> luxregina > tidenbrug > tomsamson

sorry if this post doesn't make any sense..

Quote Originally Posted by XareoX
    Any 1 know who the best flash programmer is
    Well, I don't mean to brag, but...

Heh. Joking aside, I'd say tonypa, Squize, tomsamson, André Michelle and luxregina.
    http://www.birchlabs.co.uk/
    You know you want to.

XareoX, sounds like you've jumped from useless programming language to useless programming language (when it comes to making games). QBasic? Come on. You should have been learning Assembler at that time. Then C instead of Visual Basic.

Anyways, welcome to the board.

I liked malee's post . muhahah

lol

crossconscious
    This only goes to show how little some people here seem to know about other people's skills - or how easy it is to let people think you're a great programmer. I've seen some names mentioned here that I have personally helped out either publically or by pm, with pretty basic stuff.
    Not that it matters at all who is the better programmer here. As long as everyone is doing their thing, enjoying it, helping eachother, ... it's all good.
    Unless you're looking to hire someone, I guess. Then it would help to know how good someone is.

ray im not that new I can make good games if i try hard anoth but i get bord with the 1 im making normally and then i start a new one +P

But it still fills prams ivorsmallun's Avatar
    Thats Very well said...
    It's all to do with enjoying yourself with flash and helping the people on this forum...

Quote Originally Posted by Fall_X
    Yes he does. Gameplay is programming. So a good games programmer makes good games.
    However, he doesn't have to write clean code in a good coding style for the game to be fun. If that's what you meant, then I agree
    Yes
    Game programming makes the game. Imagin if a game had good as grahics like so good it looked like in real life. And there was **** code

EG:
    *1 level
    *and all you do on the game in jump up and down fighting no one only fighting the air so it almost looks like a picture. And a timer of 10 seconds

HOW FUN WOULD THAT BE!!!