dcsimg
A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: [F8] Weird Bug...

Certified Jackball

[F8] Weird Bug...

'Ello.

I've recently encountered a weird "bug" in flash 8 that's really pissing me off.

In frame 1 in my timeline, I have my hero. I applied an inner-drop shadow to my hero, and I did likewise for my hero in frame 2. Now in frame 2, Flash Player 8 isn't displaying the inner-drop shadow I applied to my frame 2 hero. As a matter of fact, FP8 isn't displaying any effect I apply to my hero on frame 2.

This is really bugging me...

Have any of you guys seen this happen?
    srry bout my englesh, im american

Blog Hogger

Hogger Studios

Student
    does the 2nd frame have its won key or does it continue from the first frame?

I suppose your so called hero is actually a movieClip with an instance name,- with attached effect (not scripted)? Could be that in the 2nd frame the previous movieClip instance is replaced by a new one (new keyframe) and thus the attached effects dont hold anymore since this new MovieClip in the timeline has its own settings.

If this all applies (who knows 8) )
    you could try putting booth frames into 1 movieClip and apply onto that MovieClip your shadow effect.
    If I am wrong attach the FLA file,- so that we can have a look at it

are you sure you are publishing it in flash 8 ver? Id check that as sometimes you may not relize you have changed it.