A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Serious game devs, check this out

AdultSwim shopping for original games

Adult Swim is looking for serious game pitches to be developed for their site:

http://www.adultswim.com/games/submissions/index.html

Only thing missing from their guidelines is some sort of budgetary scope, and whether or not they own ideas submitted.
    Last edited by Ray Beez; 10-11-2006 at 12:54 PM.

Good find Ray.

"we'll then commission you to create a Game Design Document and an alpha version of the game."

So it seems like they're up for paying for that stage of development, but then are you signing over the ip ?

Def worth investigating more, but looks like theirs a lot of potential to be had there.

Squize.

Yep, that sounds good, the only thing I miss in that is a "What Can You Expect From Us" section...
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
    (")_(")signature to help him gain world domination.

There are some slippy paragraphs in the "What We Expect From You" section. For example:
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    Provide footage of game play in .mov format for on-air use on television. This footage should be full-screen and contain at least sixty seconds (:60) of footage. The footage must be 720 pixels (width) x 486 pixels (height) and should be delivered as an uncompressed QuickTime (.mov) file at 30fps or in any other format we may request.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

Cartoon Network request a similar thing.

Squize.

There is something a little fishy about folks not giving you an idea of the salary upfront.

BUT.

I've a hunch it's something extravagant. Why don't I have any finished games yet...

p.s.Play that Samurai game. Good stuff.

I must to say it's not a trivial thing mate, you know.
    Every time when somebody asks our company to provide materials for TV promotion we're going to break our heads.
    No matter that all games we do, are in 1024x576 WideScreen TV format. The main difficult is to make a good record
    I hate it. Usually such kind of record requests special high end PC that can able to run a game and make a good capture w/o frame dropping at the same time.

Very nice find there Ray. I've always loved playing cartoonnetwork and adult swim games. Now theres a possible chance of exactly having one. Definately have to check out that forum and see what its all about.

Helmsy, yeah I know it's a pain in the arse, what I ( Badly ) meant to say was that it's not something unique to those guys, it's a process you have to suffer when making games for tv companies.

"There is something a little fishy about folks not giving you an idea of the salary upfront."

Not really mate, they can't give a budget out 'cause it's not a specific brief.
    I'm pretty sure it won't be a million miles away from what Cartoon Network ( US ) pay ( And please, no pm's from everyone please as to what that amount is ).

Squize.

Quote Originally Posted by Squize
    And please, no pm's from everyone please as to what that amount is ...
    BTW, what's the amount is?

Evil, I think you're missing the point here (and that's why my thread topic said "serious game devs"). They are asking for game pitches. Part of pitching a game includes YOU telling THEM what your needed budget and estimated development time would be.

In other words, you have to know what you're doing. ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by Ray Beez
    Evil, I think you're missing the point here (and that's why my thread topic said "serious game devs"). They are asking for game pitches. Part of pitching a game includes YOU telling THEM what your needed budget and estimated development time would be.

In other words, you have to know what you're doing. ;-)
    Just enough to pay someone else to do it, and take a cut .