dcsimg
A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Fact About Islam

Hahahaha! WTH!?

Well Rushvision. You are allowed to say whatever you want but it's not very polite to quote people like that.

Ghaniz... I would actually like to know what you think about Sharia laws. And why can't you answer 3primates' question without posting an entire book?

Official FK nice guy and MOD 3PRIMATES's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TheOriginalFlashDavo
    So do you know the answer to your questions with regards to a number of Christianity-based cultures around the world? Yes, even today...

Some in Kenya believe there's no such thing as "rape" in marriage.
    Some also believe it's a man's right to be able to have sex.

So long as you're being as critical of other cultures and the "rules" that (usually) a minority follow then a-okay with me.
    Right now I am just expressing my thoughts on Islam, but I am more than willing to be critical with any religion that uses fear, intimidation, and a male biased attitude to govern its members.

3P

Quote Originally Posted by 3PRIMATES
    Right now I am just expressing my thoughts on Islam, but I am more than willing to be critical with any religion that uses fear, intimidation, and a male biased attitude to govern its members.
    To be fair, and I'm quite sure you're quite aware, male based society isn't isolated to just Islam.

[ Hello ] | [ gerbick ] | [ Ω ]

Just a little lite reading:

http://www.islamfortoday.com/ummzaid06.htm

Quote Originally Posted by http://www.islamfortoday.com/womensrights2.htm
    This question sometimes comes up when discussing Muslim women's issues. The reason women's rights in Islam need special concern is because women in Muslim countries are made to suffer disproportionately by the system. What adds insult to injury is the way they try to justify their oppression of women by calling it "Islam." How could it be, when true Islam requires us to honor women? We have to make women's rights a top priority if the society as a whole is ever going to be healed. As Malcolm X said, the fate of a nation depends on how it treats it women. I am careful to emphasize that truly Islamic feminism wouldn't make the error of the modern world by treating human beings as quantities; we are spiritual beings above all. In Islam men and women equally submit to God and both are equally ennobled by the faith. Next, redressing injustice is a divine command: inna Allâha ya’muru bi-al-‘adli wa-al-ihsân.... (Allah commands justice and the doing of good.) When you look to the Qur’ân and the mercifulness of the Messenger, peace be upon him, you can see this beautiful vision of how life could be if selfishness weren't governing human dealings as it does. I am saying that Muslims should make sure to be good to women first of all, since they have been wronged the most. The systemic crimes against women have now increased drastically under those woman-beating Taliban hoodlums. The pain is even more acute right now.
    And you dont even want to get me started on Mohammad. Damn pedophile.
    His last wife, Aisha was six years old.

Quote Originally Posted by gerbick
    To be fair, and I'm quite sure you're quite aware, male based society isn't isolated to just Islam.
    Oh for sure, like I stated though, this thread is about Islam.
    There are many male based societies. Most are even. but the majority of these societies do not kill and maim their women in the name of religion. Yes there are some and I wouldn't even profess to know them all.

3P

but I am more than willing to be critical with any religion that uses fear, intimidation, and a male biased attitude to govern its members.
    Cool, then that would be most religions in various incarnations.

There are many male based societies. Most are even. but the majority of these societies do not kill and maim their women in the name of religion. Yes there are some and I wouldn't even profess to know them all.
    Are you sure "most" are even? I would hold that as a subjective view rather than one based on emperical evidence.

And I can think of quite a few cultures based on different religions where women are maimed and killed by the choice of their parents and/or husbands. Doesn't mean that everyone or even most within these various cultures follow these kind of vulgar practices.

Let's face it, using the term "facts" about any religion is an oxymoron. And that's as true about your counter view to the guy who started this thread.
    Michezo Youth Initiative - donate | Into Kenya | Naked Chronicles | Mark Bingham - my friend, America's hero

To help new members fit into Flashkit, three rules they forgot to tell you on signup: Rule #1: Learn Group Think, and behave accordingly | Rule #2: Do as certain Mods say, not as they do. | Rule #3: If you're from outside the US, don't at any time criticise, allude or hyperlink to criticism of the US or any of their laws, policies or practices. | Enjoy your time at Flashkit!

I worship the God Flash. Let's found the Flashlami religion.

1. Every Flash movie shall have a preloader.
    2. Women and men shall be equal in creating flash movies.
    3. ActionScript are the words of God Flash updated to the newest version.
    4. Flash movies shall contain the wholy XML, HTML and serverside scripting.
    5. It is sinning not to use at least one Flash movie in one HTML page.

etc. (getting tired)
    - The right of the People to create Flash movies shall not be infringed. -
    | www.Flashscript.biz | Flashscript Biz Classes/Components |

That sounds quite geeky:P

Just a little lite reading:

http://www.islamfortoday.com/ummzaid06.htm

And you dont even want to get me started on Mohammad. Damn pedophile.
    His last wife, Aisha was six years old.

3P. please refrain from making comments as rude as the one above.

For us Muslims the Prophet Mohammed holds a very special place in our hearts.

And please do a bit of research before you post things like this.

As for Prophet Mohammed marrying Aisha this link: http://www.mohammad-pbuh.com/3/youngaishah.htm

(which i know very few of you would click on) would answer all your questions.

And if anyone is actually interested in knowing about womens rights in islam.. let me know. i have a very nice 32 page word doc.. which was a speech given by Dr. Zakir Naik from Islamic Research Foundation.
    Last edited by emm_eye; 10-15-2006 at 03:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by cancerinform
    3. ActionScript are the words of God Flash updated to the newest version.
    Er, so AS1.0 is like Judaism and AS2.0 is Christianity. What does that make AS3.0, Scientology?

I'm not afraid of religion, I'm afraid of its followers who wear it on their sleeve and take it too far. "Jesus, save me from your followers" kind of thing.
    "What really bugs me is that my mom had the audacity to call Flash Kit a bunch of 'inept jack-asses'." - sk8Krog
    ...and now I have tape all over my face.

AS 3.0

Televangelism.

PAlexC: That's just Chuck Norris's way of saying sometimes corn needs to lay the heck down.
    Gerbick: America. Stabbing suckers since Vespucci left.

Isn't it possible for you muslims here to explain anything about islam and women rights without giving us large documents and e-books?

What do you think about women rights emm_eye? I want to know your opinion, not some doctor's...
    Last edited by MagnusVS; 10-15-2006 at 04:17 PM.

Isn't it possible for you muslims here to explain anything about islam and women rights without giving us large documents and e-books?

quite frankly i dont think the Muslims here can quote answers to these questions because they themselves dont know the answers.

There is a case in the UK news at the moment:
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/6053298.stm
    according to Muslim law, women are not required to wear a full veil but she is unrepentant.

emm_eye, i read your link, 6 or 9, seriously, whats the difference?

Religion is wrong. Religion is just a way of makin people feel safe. Oh no, something is happened and we dont know how to explain it! Well god must be angry with us!
    Oh no! My uncle died! Dont worry hes still alive in heaven and watching you!
    How may people think this is true? Can they not see the church and religion are just trying to get rid of your worries. However I also agree religions arent bad it is the people who are bad. How can people truly think blowing up other innocent people can possibly get you into heaven?
    "I'd only told them the truth. Was that so selfish? Our integrity sells for so little, but it is all we really have. It is the very last inch of us, but within that inch, we are free."

Quote Originally Posted by MagnusVS
    So you'd rather a 5 line forum response from a "layman" muslim than a more indepth response from someone with perhaps more researched knowledge to a question as serious as yours?

Damn. Prime example of mediasation of our society I guess?!

So you <insert what group you like to class yourself in>, could I request that if I ask you a question as serious, that you provide me with something which you believe is well researched and is a little more than a 5-line forum response, if that's okay?

And if you like, I'll trade you a 5 line forum response from a layman, if that's what keeps you informed on the world. Fair deal?

Apologies if I seem a little harsh. I have my own beliefs (and criticisms) about religion of most persuasions, however I'm certainly not going to denigrate someone who responds to a question I have with an in depth amount of information just because I'm too lazy to take the time to read it. If he has posted a link to something he agrees wiht, that provides more in depth info than his 5 minute forum post can ever hope to provide, then damn if I'm going to criticise him for providing me with too much info.

Seems too many have got used to 5-minute news grabs from CNN and the like in formatting their world view.
    Last edited by TheOriginalFlashDavo; 10-15-2006 at 04:49 PM.
    Michezo Youth Initiative - donate | Into Kenya | Naked Chronicles | Mark Bingham - my friend, America's hero

To help new members fit into Flashkit, three rules they forgot to tell you on signup: Rule #1: Learn Group Think, and behave accordingly | Rule #2: Do as certain Mods say, not as they do. | Rule #3: If you're from outside the US, don't at any time criticise, allude or hyperlink to criticism of the US or any of their laws, policies or practices. | Enjoy your time at Flashkit!

Quote Originally Posted by tidenburg
    Religion is wrong. Religion is just a way of makin people feel safe. Oh no, something is happened and we dont know how to explain it! Well god must be angry with us!
    Oh no! My uncle died! Dont worry hes still alive in heaven and watching you!
    How may people think this is true? Can they not see the church and religion are just trying to get rid of your worries?

In all honesty, what is so wrong with that? You can't deny the good religion has done in the hearts of very many, whether you believe it to be true or not. They may still be the minority, but sometimes its only their hope that keeps some people going.

If that is what they need, then good for them. They have found their purpose or their love.

PAlexC: That's just Chuck Norris's way of saying sometimes corn needs to lay the heck down.
    Gerbick: America. Stabbing suckers since Vespucci left.

Quote Originally Posted by ViRGo_RK
    In all honesty, what is so wrong with that? You can't deny the good religion has done in the hearts of very many, whether you believe it to be true or not. They may still be the minority, but sometimes its only their hope that keeps some people going.

If that is what they need, then good for them. They have found their purpose or their love.
    And while I have many (believe me, MANY) negative stories of what some religious groups have done in the area of humanitarian development and relief, I am equally aware of the major positives that exist in the area because of many other religiously affiliated groups.

Can't tar all with the same brush.

to be honest, what scares me about Muslims is their incongruity, there seems to be several different factions all claiming to be true Muslims.
    although this applies to Christians too, there are not any Christian groups that i know of who drive bomb filled cars into innocent people.

ghaniz786, you opened this thread, can you explain the reason for this?

Occam's razor
    entia non sunt multiplicanda praeter necessitatem,