A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Is the US becoming a totalitarian State?

An Inconvenient Serving Size hurricaneone's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MagnusVS
    Not totalitarian, but I don't think USA is as much the "country of freedom" now as they might have been earlier...
    Speaking of which, it only occurred to me the other day that the US has become the epitome of everything the first European colonists left Europe to escape.

Which is interesting.
    Stand by for emergency synapse rerouting

I Mastered Dead Technology TallGuyLittleCar's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by aversion
    Could you be more insulting?

I don't remember seeing American soldiers on the Canadian borders, at ports or airports.
    that is becuase they are are super secret ultra ninja soldiers and you can't see them.

Although there are not many boots on the ground in canada, Canada is in theory protected by our intelligence network (stop laughing), also their ports are protected by our networks of super secret nuke and bio sniffers flying about the skies. I could tell you more about the super secret nuke and bio sniffers but i'm not at liberty to talk about it, and by not at liberty to talk abou tI mean the guy that told me wouldn't tell me anything more.
    ONLY RON PAUL AND ALUMINUM FOIL CAN SAVE YOU NOW!
    annoy your politician fairtax.org, a political forum

Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabris, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam.

Lifetime Friend of Site Staff Northcode's Avatar
    Sure there is. What, you don't think a terrorist attack has ever been foiled?
    Sure they have. So how about that 9/11 attack? The difference is that one was organized. They prepared. They knew what they were doing and they weren't even the best and the brightest the world has to offer and they got through. So you're watching the planes now, good, they won't try that again, they'll try something else. Something easier.

What if some really smart buggers decide that the US has gone too far and needs a spanking? You can't even police Iraq, how do you plan to protect a landmass many times that size? News flash. You can't. If it helps you sleep at night to believe that brute force is a solution, that's great but it's completely unrealistic.

My point about being vulnerable to a new terrorist style of warfare flew so far over your head that you couldn't find it on radar. Not eveyrone responds to threats by pully out their willy and invading. I'm talking about offensive guerilla warfare. Instead of creating a ground pounding military that's hard to move and supply, you put all your resources into creating an army of elite special forces. They are deployed slowly and strategically over months or years and their only job is on d-day to eliminate their assigned targets (people, places or things).

Heh, a Canadian telling us how vulnerable we really are. Easy for you to say when you can talk all the smack you want, and at the same time freeride under the US defense umbrella.
    Your arrogance is astounding. Canada doesn't have the protection of the US. We've never needed it or asked for it. We don't piss in other countries corn flakes or tell them how to run their lives and they don't routinely bomb our embassies, burn our flags or try to blow up our national landmarks and cities.

Our proximity to the US is definitely not any kind of military benefit. The "defense umbrella" is more like a s**t magnet. Do you think any country on the planet would choose to live in the shadow of the US to make them feel safe?

How many countries except the US and countries they invade actually worry about being invaded? Bloody few. Most current wars and rivalries are long standing religious/political feuds but the US has gone from new kid on the block to become globally feared and hated in less than a hundred years. That has to be some kind of record.

My distaste for some of the things the US does should not be construed as an attack on individuals or a complete slam against the US so please don't take it personally. I quite like the US and some of its citizens as well It's good to be proud of your country, but realize that it's never all sunshine and roses. I don't agree with everything my country does either. For better or worse, the machinery to make the US what it is today has been in motion for many years. It may take a long time to change course, it may never happen or it may end abruptly in fireworks. I'm sure Russia never expected to be unseated as a world superpower and thrown into social, economic and political chaos, but it happened despite fierce national pride and political dogma.

Quote Originally Posted by Northcode
    Sure they have. So how about that 9/11 attack? The difference is that one was organized.
    well a bigger difference is that nobody tried to prevent that attack. The first part of succeeding is to try.
    Last edited by TallGuyLittleCar; 10-17-2006 at 11:38 AM.

Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabris, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam.

How did they stop the other ones then? The ones they did foil? If they knew about them, why didn't they know about that one? Not everyone knocks on the front door and declares war/ The one that gets you is the one you don't see coming. Do or do not. There is no try.

How did they stop the other ones then? The ones they did foil? If they knew about them, why didn't they know about that one? Not everyone knocks on the front door and declares war/ The one that gets you is the one you don't see coming. Do or do not. There is no try.
    well at some point in time federal government of the United States realized that sleeping at the wheel is bad for Manhattan real estate. The 9/11 attacks did knock on the front door more than once. They did declare war on the united states. But the united states choose to ignore it. It would appear that when the United States chooses not to ignore terrirst threats we seem to foil them. Of course there isn't alot of data to get a firm conclusion and things are still developing.

N' then I might just
    Jump back on
    An' ride
    Like a cowboy
    Into the dawn
    ........To Montana.
    We don't piss in other countries corn flakes or tell them how to run their lives and they don't routinely bomb our embassies, burn our flags or try to blow up our national landmarks and cities...

good point, seems like the ones that get stung by hornets are the ones poking the stick into the nest.

dp
    No longer a Flashkit mod, not even by stealth

Insanity is just a point of view. After all, the world looks pretty normal through your own underpants.

Nice to see a relevant thread here that touches on the craziness going on without people being seen as crazy talking about it.

My site as many others has tons of vids relating to some of this stuff.

You might want to check out Terrorstorm at google video too.

People seem to think they are in the know - yet many of the Terror events are not carried out by foreigners at all - but simply ones own government.

Go to http://www.mime11.com and click on `Online Vids' for a few links to relevant documentaries on google video.

Our leaders seem to think they're all 10 feet tall and bullet-proof but I don't think they really understand that, when they're done posturing, they aren't the ones who have to stand in front of the bullets. The alternative is that they do understand but they just don't care and I'm not sure which is more frightening. They risk nothing of their own but ask us to risk everything. At what point to they become accountable for their actions? At the end of their term, I say we force them to retire in the country they pissed off the most during their time in office.

I thought canada didn't piss off any countries

http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d1...bill-hires.jpg

Kind of makes you rethink what all the FEMA camps (with furnaces and chemical cylinders) are going to be used for.

As posted here:http://loosechange911.blogspot.com/

On their new not fully operational site here:

http://loosechange911.com/index.htm

ps. I'll stay away from this thread now. But I hope you check out some vids
    Last edited by Prominence; 10-17-2006 at 04:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Prominence
    http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d1...bill-hires.jpg

Kind of makes you rethink what all the FEMA camps (with furnaces and chemical cylinders) are going to be used for.

As posted here:http://loosechange911.blogspot.com/

On their new not fully operational site here:

http://loosechange911.com/index.htm

ps. I'll stay away from this thread now. But I hope you check out some vids
    You are as relevant to this thread as peanut butter.

[ Hello ] | [ gerbick ] | [ Ω ]

the question is, would the australians and canadians take away all of america's foreign policy endevours if they had to give up the great american invention... peanut butter.

N' then I might just
    Jump back on
    An' ride
    Like a cowboy
    Into the dawn
    ........To Montana.
    Quote Originally Posted by TallGuyLittleCar
    the question is, would the australians and canadians take away all of america's foreign policy endevours if they had to give up the great american invention... peanut butter.
    Well...the first patent for peanut butter was issued in the US (why doesn't that surprise me...USA - the home of EOLAS)...but ground-up ground nuts have been part of diets all over the world, long before North America was even located by any Europeans.

Now, if we Aussies had to give up 'Vegemite', that might be a different story...

"We're happy little vege-mites as bright as bright can be...
    we all enjoy our Vegemite for breakfast, lunch and tea...

(sorry for the cultural irrelevance folks)

dp

Insanity is just a point of view. After all, the world looks pretty normal through your own underpants.

Vegemite... I so wanted to get used to it. But that would be a riot if they had to stop using it. I know that deep inside of my soul.

As far as the US becoming a totalitarian state... I'm going to end the argument right here.

Yes. Yes it is.

*chews on peanut butter on a celery stick*

Your arrogance is astounding. Canada doesn't have the protection of the US. We've never needed it or asked for it. We don't piss in other countries corn flakes or tell them how to run their lives and they don't routinely bomb our embassies, burn our flags or try to blow up our national landmarks and cities.
    My arrogance might be astounding, but it doesn't surpass your ignorance. You really don't think Canada benefits from a military relationship from the US? Your own military would disagree with that it seems.
    http://www.forces.gc.ca/site/Newsroo...s_e.asp?id=836

Our proximity to the US is definitely not any kind of military benefit. The "defense umbrella" is more like a s**t magnet. Do you think any country on the planet would choose to live in the shadow of the US to make them feel safe?
    Right, you'd be much safer living smack dab in the middle east, than the s**t magnet that is the US.

From an invasion/missile attack standpoint, it's a clear military benefit. How is anyone going to invade Canada? Launch an attack from Minnesota? NMD will also benefit you, even though you aren't paying for it, hence the term freeride. Who knows, maybe one day you'll need it when Kim Jong Il launches a missile at California and it goes off course towards Vancouver. I somehow doubt the US would let it slide. Let's just hope that the technology actually works.

Why do you think that terrorists don't hate Canada just because they don't burn your flag? Seems to me the US is the main target but anyone who supports them is also targeted. Spain and the UK paid a price for that. It's not just those who supported the war in Iraq either, you think Al Queda is happy Canada is in Afghanistan? Maybe they just want to focus their hate on the main target. But terrorists bombed the Red Cross and the Iraq UN headquarters. They kidnap and take Canadians hostage in Iraq. I know how much Canadians love to wear the flag patch on their backpacks while travelling, but maybe it's time to realize terrorists don't really give a rats ass.

Now I don't mean to be insulting, as Aversion said, but maybe I do sound arrogant. Sometimes I just like to rag on Canadians but I honestly dont mean anything by it, and they do the same back. I'm not trying to be Captain America. But I do get annoyed at the constant bashing from all angles, and I think it's always sensational (totalitarian state??? c'mon). I'm sure many people don't agree with me and that's fine. And maybe I'm wrong. I just think it's funny you can make idle threats that we'll get a dirty bomb in one of our cities and we'll be sorry and realize how vulnerable we really are. You may be in the same boat because you're a westerner and for the most part, your culture is similar to ours. If it's so bad living next door to the US then could you put in a request for Canada to be moved offshore near Curacao? The weather will be warmer, you'll could still brew Molson Ice and play hockey indoors, and you can ditch the US and team up with your friendly neighbor, Hugo Chavez.

Quote Originally Posted by hurricaneone
    Speaking of which, it only occurred to me the other day that the US has become the epitome of everything the first European colonists left Europe to escape.

Which is interesting.
    Maybe we'll all just repeat the process then. Move across the pond back to Europe and settle in, start a revolution against the America. Win. Stay happy for 200 yrs, then get pissed at our situation and move back to the U.S.

N' then I might just
    Jump back on
    An' ride
    Like a cowboy
    Into the dawn
    ........To Montana.
    I guess the US does have to be on the alert at home, and if that does mean reducing freedoms, what else can they do?

Part of the problem is that one never knows who one's friends are when it comes to terrorist acts. One of the most significant acts of terrorism on US soil prior to 911 was the 1976, Washington DC, car-bombing of Orlando Letelier...and that was orchestrated by DINA, the CIA trained security service of evil dictator Pinochet, who was Reagan's best buddy in Latin America.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Orlando_Letelier

dp

N' then I might just
    Jump back on
    An' ride
    Like a cowboy
    Into the dawn
    ........To Montana.
    I can't help feeling that it is about chickens coming home to roost, and the current generations paying, in this terrible way, the real price of misguided strategic alliances in the past.

dp

Quote Originally Posted by david petley
    I can't help feeling that it is about chickens coming home to roost, and the current generations paying, in this terrible way, the real price of misguided strategic alliances in the past.
    Funny... when Malcolm X said pretty much the same thing about JFK's assassination, he was taken through the media circus like some ingrate.

Oh well... nothing coming out of anybody mouth surprises me any longer. Perhaps the US should not have lobbied for the Dutch to give Indonesia it's freedom after WW2 and Australia and basically Oceania wouldn't have those militants that close to them. I'm quite sure there's a contingency plan to cover that issue once it boils over. Backlash of the "culture system" there seems to be coming back to haunt people in more ways than ten.

And I don't mean the xenophobic immigration laws already in place there in the wonderful land of Oz either. Shadows of what you people did in Papau and New Guinea seems to be happening elsewhere... what I mean... forcing laws on the natives that you didn't force on yourself. WWPO (white women's protection ordinance) was enforced that would kill any native if they smiled at a non-native woman.

Australia did that. The Dutch had the "hard rule" over Indonesia. Chickens coming home to roost. Or has the law of the chicken just found a new place to roost. It was all fun and games when you did it.

Pot. Kettle. Just as guilty. Past. Present. That history still exists, still haunts some people there, never is brought up.