A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Flash & flash actionscript books.

Flash & flash actionscript books.

I didnt know where to put this thread so I'm asking here, all I want to know are what are the best books for learning actionscript and developing my skills, I would like books that show you how to build something and the actionscript involved?

I would the right books for you depend son certain things..as these same books may not be right for another.

Above all else, nothing beats looking at a few chapters to see if you identify/relate to the way the author explains/teaches things.

That being said.. a few that may help get you better advice.

a.) what is your goal? web? RIA? games?
    b.) what skill level are you currently at?
    c.) What version of Flash do you use?

knowing more about these things will let us give the best advice.

All around.. I 'still' use Colin Moocks, Flash MX ActionScript: The Definitive Guide.

I am hoping to pick up his AS 2.0 version of it..

my goal is to produce websites, so navigation, gallerys,video players etc.
    I think i would class myslef as intermediate level, i'm learning all the time.
    I have Flash 8.

I have 2 books already - flash MX bible and Colin Moocks, Flash MX ActionScript: The Definitive Guide.

I woudl say you already have the tools then. Unless yoru looking for a special 'project in a book'... you can pick up Flash and PHP and learn hwo to do a forum ...

Im looking into COlin Moocks AS 2.0 book.. or you migt want to hold tight and wait for some AS 3.0 books that will be out soon.

[F1] in FLASh is seriously my best friend.. it lets me look at tall the AS code, objects, mehotds, properties..and I surf it daily.