A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Siteleader.com SERIOUS Issues - need help please!

Siteleader.com SERIOUS Issues - need help please!

I have a client who is currently using siteleader.com to host there website, siteleader.com are a reseller for publicdomainregistry.com

We recently requested access to the domain control panel so we could update the nameservers or transfer the domain away (if the letter option was available), however we got no response and we have now discovered that the domain has had the nameservers deleted and so the site is offline.

Siteleader are not replying to emails and neither are the registrar, and the domain is locked too.

Anyone have any advice?..please?

Thanks

looks like siteleader.com has been screwing people over for over 2 years...

[ Hello ] | [ gerbick ] | [ Ω ]

yeah, I've seen this and there are loads more too, question is what can be done if anything.. also the domain is registered to them so legally do they have to do anything?

You'd probably have to follow through with ICANN and see if they can unlock the domain for you.

I've yet to find or see a success story while dealing with these people though.

[ Hello ] | [ gerbick ] | [ Ω ]

FK's Official Mac Hater jasonsplace's Avatar
    I had a domain hijacked last year by AIT. We tried to get it back but there wasn't really anything that we could do. We had a similar situation where we registered the domain through them and when we tried to switch to a different host they renewed the domain as their own and then offered to sell it to us for $10,000. If I could give one piece of advice, never get your domain name from your web host. I hope things work out for you.
    Jason L. Wright
    I'm not that hard to imitate. Just make some random negative claim at Apple or anything else for that matter and then have nothing to back it up.