A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: 3D Animation (Illustrator and Swift 3D)

Ok i must be real stupid when it comes to 3D Animation but would somone anyone please tell me how to animate a house using Illustrator 9 for the .eps imports into swift 3D.

I just don't get it because Illustrator is a 2D Vector program and Swift is a 3D Vector program how in the world do people draw there stuff in Illustrator and then bring it into swift 3D and make it 3D?

Did they make like 20 different angles of the house or somthing using Illustrator? (THIS IS THE PART I DONT GET. Thanks In advance

Senior Moderator
    Defender of the Faith
    You make the shape of the walls, roof, door etc and you bring them into swift and put the extrude on them and then assemble the seperate pieces together to build the building, car, plane, etc. You dont draw the object you make flat 2D parts and then assemble them in Swift. Regards, Bill

RE

Ohhhhhhhhh ok i get it . . .does 3D Studios max do this to in conjunction with Illustrator .eps format to?

You colud do this, Max can import .eps and export, but you would have no reason to. Max has line, and bezier tools so you could create it there. Or more likely you would use primitives, which are like using common geometric shapes: cubes, pyramids, and such.

does swift make an imported 2d object 3d or do you have to import a 3d object from the beggining?

you import the 2d shape (outline) and the extrude it. so for example you would extrude a square to a cube.

jk