dcsimg
A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: stupid flash anti-alias bug!

stupid flash anti-alias bug!

This is so FK'ing annoying.
    If you create a text field and choose anything other than Use Device Fonts, flash will shift the baseline if opened on another OS.

For instance, if you create a field on a mac, when you open/render the .fla on a PC, the baseline is shifted up about 4 pixels. It's the opposite when you go the other way. It's so frickin annoying to have to remember who created what and always having to use a certain comp to render .swfs.

Anyone heard of this or know of a solution?

Hi,

I'm not positive it is a mac related questions.

Start here -
    http://board.flashkit.com/board/showthread.php?t=482646

Checklist
    -Anchor set properly?
    -Anchor for all _parent mc's set properly?
    -Kerning off?
    -Margins off? (remember I'm a swishmax user text options are different for me)
    -No space before first text?
    -Text align left or right but not center or justified?
    -Are you using a monospaced font or pixel font?
    -Does your movie contain any place settings on the text which is different then the value of it's transform panel location. (keyframe tweens etc )
    -Is the font matched for point size below 14pts most common fonts have issues.
    -Can you (not a flash user or a mac user) convert the font to pixel sharp pixel smooth?

Just a few idea's
    I understand mac flash has different properties when dealing with fonts then pc flash.
    and I haven't used flash in years (not since the release of swishmax)

So I'll drop in mac forum they may have more knowledge specific to mac flash.

Frets

Yea, I received a .fla from a client on a mac with specific fonts. I bought those fonts for the PC, opened the .fla and had to readjust. I don't know what that is or if it has more to do with just a completely different font file or variations in Flash platform.

It's a known cross-platform issue
    http://chattyfig.figleaf.com/piperma...il/164688.html

Thanks for the suggestions and the move Frets, but this isn't swishkit. You're starting to smell like spam.

imagination through stupidity
    i've had the same problem, it is a cross-platform Flash IDE issue. I believe it also has todo with how the system handles fonts. I once got open type fonts from windows and when i installed them, their names changed completely along with a location shift. When you generate the SWF there isn't any font rendering issues that i've found.
    Nothing to see here, move along.