A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Flash Enquiry

Flash Enquiry

i have deisgned a website for a radio station in html formatt at the moment , so for the first page, index.html i have a 6 second flash introduction filling the screen. i am not good with programming skills but can anyone tell me what action script i can put into the flash introduction so that when it ends it goes straight to the homepage: home.html. beacuase i dont want the user to have to click a enter button on the flash introduction.. can this be done ?

also the radio station features live music (of course). at the moment when users clicks to listen it opens up a windows media player, externally. but my supervisor says that some users may not have the latest codec and some users may be using a macintosch etc. so i have deisgned the media player in flash, is there anyway of having the flash player linked to the live audio stream form the server. dynamically. this way i can bypass all the technicall issues since anyone who uses the internet has to install flash media plugin anyway.

It's a long way to the middle launchpad67's Avatar
    On the last frame of your intro movie, put this code:

getURL("home.html", "_self");
    stop();