A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: [F8] flash and pdf

[F8] flash and pdf

Originally Posted by yaircostac
    HELLO FRIENDS. .i need
    to create and to write a document pdf with actioscript...
    escuse my english...
    help me please...
    i do not one server is one autorun
    tools me are javascript, flash, html and actionscritp
    Last edited by yaircostac; 11-03-2006 at 03:53 PM.

hi,

Flash alone can't create a .pdf file, but a server side scripting language such as PHP or ColdFusion can.
    So, you'll need a server with scripting capabilities, and send the variables/data/content/whatever... from Flash, to a script that will create the .pdf on the fly.

Quote Originally Posted by nunomira
    hi,

Flash alone can't create a .pdf file, but a server side scripting language such as PHP or ColdFusion can.
    So, you'll need a server with scripting capabilities, and send the variables/data/content/whatever... from Flash, to a script that will create the .pdf on the fly.
    i do not one server is one autorun and tools me are javascript , flash and html..

So your Flash movie is not to run on the web, is to run on a computer. Is it a flash projector?
    If this is the case, there may be a tool that can create .pdf files from within a flash projector, but I don't know any.
    I'm not sure that it is a flash projector because you say you can use JavaScript and html, which would mean that the flash movie is running in the browser.
    So, is it running in the browser - I'd say it's not possible - or is it a projector?

If it's a projector, I suggest you search and ask in the Standalone & Applications forum.

Suggested title and text:

Create .pdf file from Flash Projector

Is there a way or a third party tool that can be used in order to create a .pdf file from a Flash Projector?