A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: damn that's sweet

Woohoo .. look whoz talkin???

Check Mccormack's website and see if thats not a rip-off!

And about Mccormack's remarks on Americans; I was in England for 8 years before moving to USA for further studies. And truly speaking .. people over here are not greedy and jealous as they are in England. And people like Mccormack are called LOSERS!

You are a BIG ASS LOSER! ... and accept this truth! I know truth hurts!

Aatif

Originally posted by aatif
    You are a BIG ASS LOSER! ... and accept this truth! I know truth hurts!
    [/B]
    I laughed out loud when I read this. The Brits will understand why.

i don't think that abusing anyone is helpful... don't be childish

contribute, don't waste time.

FK Board Loser

Re: Rip off

Originally posted by Mccormack
    However cool it looks it is a complete rip off of 2advanced, maybe in a subtle way but it is a defiite rip off, Look at the grid and the draggable boxes, the background colour changes and the shapes used, it is alright to take elements from a site to learn from, but this guy as blatantly ripped it off.
    give it up dude, no one wants to hear that crap anymore

yup i read all your posts at least on this page..and they are all intelligently provoking lol..i just wanted to point out that i did visit http://designinsites.com/ and the fact of the matter is i think Mr. Jordan i hope i spelled the name correctly...viewed my all time favourite website http://balthaser.com/and got some ideas from it..like the definition and the fast graphics and animation... umm...part

Friend of the People
    nice!

Re: Rip off

However cool it looks it is a complete rip off of 2advanced, maybe in a subtle way but it is a defiite rip off, Look at the grid and the draggable boxes, the background colour changes and the shapes used, it is alright to take elements from a site to learn from, but this guy as blatantly ripped it off.
    are you sure you posted to right thread? I have no-idea what you are talking about. Browse little more and you'll open your eyes to see sites littlepit more widther.

w w w . t h e o r y 7 . c o m nevil's Avatar
    Look listen to me, I am not saying it is a direct rip off, I went all the way through the site and there is some really good stuff in there, but you have got to look at the whole picture.

I know drag and drop has been used on many sites and I am not pointing out small stuff. I know all designers work through inspiration, I've done mood boards, and I know it helps but look.

Take a look at designinsites.com, a site by Eric Jordan, and compare this and the two 2 advanceed sites. Ignore the mood created by colour and look at the similaraites in Layout and functionality.

If there were one or two similarities I would understand it but there are not.

I know you might not want to Humble Pie onthis but if you can't see it your blind.

McCormack
    England

man, don't tell people you are from england at the bottom of your posts, you are making us look really bad, woth your ramblings, and if you reply to this with more insults you are just gonna make us look stupid too!!

If you are gonna make such a big deal about rippofs, pick a site that is a proper rippof, instead of inspecting a perfectly good site trying to find minute details that are somhow common, unfortunately mate I think there is only one blind person here.

Lol, i find this topic rather amusing, i haven't read all of it yet, but there is one thing i want to say:

Different people have different tastes.

But good design always gets recoginzed by people, gizma, i think that your site is an example of good webdesign.

People shouldn't always argue about who or what is the best designed site. Like i said, I think everyone has his own things they like about a site.

One thing, the only thing I dont like about gizma.com is the fontsize and fontcolor. I think the contract is to small, wich makes it difficult to read.
    .___________// Dries Schaballie .___________//SEVENEDGE.BE // Interactive media. .___________//DSDESIGN.BE // Personal design portfolio.

damn! this thread is 2 years old or something..
    PC-system: PC/486, 66 MHz, 16 MB RAM, Floppy-interface

Originally posted by Budget Nudist
    damn! this thread is 2 years old or something..
    Damn your right! I didn't noticed it, thats funny...

First post: 12-15-2000 04:13 PM
    One of the last posts: 01-20-2003 02:05 PM

The site must be different by now too, thats why i thought it was confusing. Stupid me.
    .___________// Dries Schaballie .___________//SEVENEDGE.BE // Interactive media. .___________//DSDESIGN.BE // Personal design portfolio.

wow, i was worried too, cuz i had no idea how the site fit in with 2ad, and i cant find draggable boxes.

i wish i had seen that version though, cuz whats up right now is really nice, but nothing exceptional (mainly cuz its very simple) and some of the typography could be fixed.

Originally posted by mosez
    nice!
    Hey mosez.
    Why are you thread reaping? No more thread reaps, okay? It took me back though...are we still bringing up 2a? I hope not. lol
    }inspiration not appropriation{}track me{}mod squad profile{}
    site check specs > mac g4 400mHz :: 1gb ram :: 1280x1024 :: 18" lcd monitor :: safari :: cable modem

OMFG 2A RIP!!

Holy Crap!!!! Is that a date error or is this thread actually over two years old?
    Regardless of the date...gizma, hats off to you. Great work!

hey, don't laugh. Your daughter may be in here!!!

heheheheee..

I actually do remember the site that this thread is talking about. It was babyblue and it had a little 3d gizma logo at bottomleft. Great site it was too then. It wasn't a 2a rip eather.

It always rains here!

Re: This has got out of hand

Originally posted by faragorn
    I'm quite embarresed to be of the same nationality as you Mcormack...

since when did this become an issue of Nationality?
    NAIL

HEAD

HIT

I'm English too, i'd say the site in question is more akin to http://www.orisinal.com/ than 2A.

Typical that the foul language has to come from some guy who's English!

I spent ages too trying to work out what everyone was on about.

The site looks and works great now. Have no idea what it looked like then

My two cents

Just to add my two cents i first came across this site from cereal spiller it is located in the links section.

These are both nice sites with a great minimal feel to them, good work by both designerd

yeah, they definetly share the same style, and one that i like, . technical but simple, funy how the thread turned into everyone flaming, thats why i only replied when i saw it heading in a progressive direction. ty inf.

~ Äurora

"I am Jack's complete lack of surprise"