A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Tenth Dimension

The Tenth Dimension

http://www.tenthdimension.com/flash2.php
    click on the rotating helix
    Last edited by Adixx; 11-05-2006 at 12:05 PM.
    Freebies:
    Sound Loops | Sound Effects | Images | Code Pigs | 6ood coff33

The marvel of all history is the patience with which men and women submit to burdens unnecessarily laid upon them by their governments.

INVALID.LINK - do do doo do do do doo do...

works now... thanks
    Freebies:

The marvel of all history is the patience with which men and women submit to burdens unnecessarily laid upon them by their governments.

Brain hurts now, thanks.

sophisticated
    yeah, and that's only 11 dimensions. I wonder how they'd explain the 26 dimensions theory...

The unified string or M theory makes this so much easier to accept. It's so much easier to grasp the idea of a tenth dimension with only one string theory instead of the seven that existed.
    Now communicating with other dimensions via the absence of gravity seems like a possibility.

String theory - while I'm a fan - is being disproved by piece by piece quickly.

[ Hello ] | [ gerbick ] | [ Ω ]

Yah that whole requirement of proof is holding things up.
    I don't read scientific journals so I only know what makes it's way to the main stream. I saw a big-budget special on pbs a few months ago that really got me excited (I think it was produced to get investors excited).
    The first thing it did to get me more than just curious was explain how our current physics model for sub-atomic particles is about 180 degrees from our model of outer space.
    They described what it was like in the theory's infancy and how it balooned to seven different theories. Understandably, it was laughable at best. But I guess some guy explained all those away at some yearly science event a few years back. He explained how all the other theories were merely reflections of the one theory like mirrors in a changing room. That and the fact that there's a new super collider being built in France that is supposed to have 5 times the accuracy and control as our best one now.
    That all had me thinking it was gaining momentum. What are some of the recent set-backs?

All four forces - Dark, Strong, Weak, and Gravity aren't factored in fully in some portions of the theory. There were some other things... I'll see if I can find the portions of it that were being disproved in some recent talks.

Dark? You do mean the 'electromagnetic' force don't you gerbick?

imagination through stupidity
    did anyone else notice that in that theory a human being is the center of the universe and everything we do or don't do causes a new dimension which is almost the same damn thing in two other referenced dimensions. i agree with 6 out of the 11.
    Last edited by Sybersnake; 11-05-2006 at 08:39 PM.
    Nothing to see here, move along.

Quote Originally Posted by blazes816
    Dark? You do mean the 'electromagnetic' force don't you gerbick?
    good catch. was in the middle of reading up on dark matter, and it being the possible in-between to strong and gravity forces... and how that would "conveniently" help describe dark matter and basically 80%+ of the universe including black holes.

deep, deep down, I'm a physics nut.

Quote Originally Posted by aversion
    Brain hurts now, thanks.

he he he

I did have to pause the player a few times at the fifth dimension and let things settle for a sec or two before hitting the play button again.
    Freebies:

Quote Originally Posted by gerbick

deep, deep down, I'm a physics nut.
    I love physics too... I wish I had more time to dive deeper into it.
    Freebies:

26? eHarmonry has 29!

That's some pretty cool thinking and a well presented website. I sometimes imagine things in the fourth dimension while I'm walking or something. Maybe not as tightly compacted to the snake figure that was on the site, but there's still a noticable time lapse. It's kind of a neat thing to think about because if time travel is possible, you can return to any single one of those millions of "2D cross-sectionals."

Quote Originally Posted by Sybersnake
    did anyone else notice that in that theory a human being is the center of the universe and everything we do or don't do causes a new dimension which is almost the same damn thing in two other referenced dimensions. i agree with 6 out of the 11.
    In the fifth dimension they mention that "sub atomic partilces that make up our world are collapsed from waves of probability simply by the act of observation"

I see your point but in "our world" we are the center. Not in the egotistical sense but in a sense that each one's observation dicates a certain reality or world, for lack of better term. The concept of parallel universes makes it clear that we are not the center of the universe.
    Freebies:

Hehe yeah deep down I could have been a mad mathematician. I didn't take high-school seriously and didn't get to go to college aside from one 9-week illustrator course. I just do my best to learn what I can now.

In the special I saw , they explain that what was thought of as strings are actually our 2-d like perception of what are actually flat donut-like plates. In theory, two plates from different dimensions can collide causing a massive release of energy, or big bang. Our big bang was likely just one of countless inter dimensional collisions under that thinking.

It also points out that the concept of gravity as a force instead of actual matter is potentially flawed. M-theory suggests that there is a gravity particle and that it is the only particle that can detach itself from its own dimension. Thus the concept of communicating with other dimensions via the lack of gravity particles. I could watch stuff like that and "What the bleep do we know" all day.
    Last edited by jAQUAN; 11-06-2006 at 03:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jAQUAN
    I could watch stuff like that and "What the bleep do we know" all day.

I heard about this video... gonna watch that one of these days.
    Freebies:

I hate that movie. People watch it and think it is science when in fact it is pseudoscience. It looks professional but they only presents parts of theories and use them in situations they don't really apply to. Don't believe anything they tell you in it.

Belief has nothing to do with it. When I see proof, it becomes fact to me. Until then this stuff is fun to contemplate.