A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Help with avatar

Help with avatar

Hello.

I will make a avatar (a picture to forums with my name on) about 200*200 px.

But i have some problems. First of all i dont know how to add a cool effect to the text. And i will also add a cool background...

Can you mix something for me? And if the text could be easy to edit it would be nice

Thanks!

If this is for here, you didn't read the rules. It's 75x75 pixels with a 15 KB size limit.

I don't know anywhere that would allow a 200x200 pixel avatar. That's ridiculous.

Sorry i think i had postet in the wrong section.

But no it is not necessarily for this forum.. Else i can resize it or something?

Where scould i move this topic? Or not me but a member or something.. I dont know where i can ask these questions. Genesis F5 what do you say?

One of the moderators might move it to one of the forums in our art / design section, but I think it will be OK here. I'm sure a few people here in the Coffee Lounge will come up with something interesting.

Cool

Have already begun to look forward!

darkstar i have Flash MX 2004? But is that program a speciel tool or something?

Quote Originally Posted by designeren
    darkstar i have Flash MX 2004? But is that program a speciel tool or something?
    do you know how to use Flash MX2004?
    it is not something you will learn in a day.

if you want a flash avatar (swf) with wizzy text effects try this:

http://www.swishzone.com/index.php

I know how to work with Flash MX 2004. But i thought you would help me with my avatar?

Im not the best, but i can a bit...

I vote for an immediate user name change under the pretense of false advertising! How can you be a designer and not be able to make an avatar?

Relax.. I dont said i could nothing. But its just a name? I can make designs generally..

First of all i also asking for some ideas... And i dont know all the stuff Macromedia Flash can. I have tried to work with it...

sorry, i cant help you with your design, i can only help you with tools to use.
    as Genesis F5 said, try the art / design section in flashkit.

http://board.flashkit.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=25
    or
    http://board.flashkit.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=14

I was joking. You're new to the CL, but give it a few more days and you'll catch on to our skewed sense of humor, especially with newcomers.

It doesn't necessarily have to have your username in it. Hell, it's right above your avatar. That'd be a bit redundant.

Just choose a picture of something. It could be your favorite processor manufacturer's logo. Anything. Just crop it / resize it to 75 x 75 @ 15KB and you're good to go. You can update it as often as you like, so if you don't like your first one, try again.

When I design avatars, I hit the "print screen" button to take a screenshot of the Flash Kit page and then I paste that into my photo editor and use that as a background to see how my avatar will look without having to constantly upload to Flash Kit.

Here's a template to get you started:

Here's a couple of things to consider...you won't be able to get an avatar until you have 100 posts, and post in the coffee lounge don't count. You also can't use .SWF.

When you do finally manage to get the required number of posts however (don't make a bunch of useless posts just to increase your post count, though), here's one for ya. It should tide you over while you suckle at Flash Kit's figurative teat long enough to learn how to make your own.

And here's one that is not quite so suggestive, but still retains and displays your state as an initiate to the faith.
    mrush

> .. _ .: Join the FK ARENA!:..:RUSHVision vs. JWin:. _ .. <
    ..:: "Why aren't the lockout programs working?!?...Release the monkey!" ::..

Quote Originally Posted by RUSHVision
    It should tide you over while you suckle at Flash Kit's figurative teat long enough to learn how to make your own.

wow.

[ Hello ] | [ gerbick ] | [ Ω ]

Now i know what to make. But i dont know how to make it.

I got a sfw file witch shows my idea.

But scould i make a new topic?

No, keep it here. What do you mean, you "have a SWF file?" Are you going to turn that into a GIF? You'll have to because you can't embed flash movies here.

Use attachments to show us what you mean. (Click "Post Reply" and then "Manage Attachments" to add an attachment to your post.)

I would just try to make a avatar in flash. It could look cool

And these places where i cant upload / see flash, then i take a screen or something.

Ive uploadet the SWF file which shows my idea. I just want to make some like that or maybe you got some ideas.

Heres the link: avatar