A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: That annoying IE Click thing...

That annoying IE Click thing...

Not sure how I would search for this from the archived threads, so have started a new one, so sorry if I am covering old ground here.

When a user first loads in an HTML document thats has Flash or similar 'interactive' content in IE, there is an annoying thing that requires them to click to activate or use the content before they can interact with it, a really annoying thing if it's for a navigation that loads in everytime you visit a page.

Is there anyway that this can be bypassed?

There is a sticky thread on the top... it's sticky so people can find it right away:

http://board.flashkit.com/board/showthread.php?t=684268
    :: ONLINE PORTFOLIO :: web site (Flash version 7 required, recommended screen resolution: at least 1024x768 pixels)

:: SASHA-Z-CREATIONS :: web site

D'Oh!

haha, silly me, well I did say I had no idea how to search for it, and to me the title wasnt immediately obvious - pathetic excuse I know, but I'm sticking to it

Haha, no need to make excuses... I know everything... it happens to the best too.

Most important thing is that you finally got the answer for your question, right ?

Take care and have a great day my friend !
    :: ONLINE PORTFOLIO :: web site (Flash version 7 required, recommended screen resolution: at least 1024x768 pixels)

:: SASHA-Z-CREATIONS :: web site

Quote Originally Posted by Thankful
    Haha, no need to make excuses... I know everything... it happens to the best too.

Most important thing is that you finally got the answer for your question, right ?

Take care and have a great day my friend !

Indeed, answered perfectly thanks, and since resolving this my day got a whole lot better, so thank you

annoying flash click!!

Just you need to do one thing to move away from this problem....
    What ever variabled are initialized or what ever code is written to start the flash swf from any html/js file, you need to ensure that you put it within a document.write(). This will solve your problem...

Vinayak Kadam
    vinayak.kadam@techbooks.com