A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: my flash game

my flash game

Hi my flash game is at:

http://henry.sandi.net/students/2007...st%20sem/games

the one im having problems with is spaceship, and was wonder if someone could download the fla and take a look at it, the only thing i was curious about was how to make a mc explosion for an enemy ship, show up where a different mc(the enemy's movement, not scripted). some of the enemy's explosion works because the mc's path is scripted and not drawn. so mainly just look at each level and tell me how to make to explosion show up where the enemy got shot.

Howdy just took a quick at your code. 2 things I noticed so far.
    1). Is that your using too many enterFrames on your movieClips. you chould only need one.

2). Whats the difference between "enemy"+i and emeny1? I'm very confused on this part.

ummm i dont know, i only used flash actionscript for a couple months and haven't done that much research, must of it is copy and paste with a few alterations as for the "enemy"+i part i have no idea what that does, but it seems to work so i keep it.

but the only thing i really care about is making the explosion on the place where the ship gets shot, like i stated eariler on level 3 the ship's explosions work because the path is scripted not drawn. so how can i correlate the explosion with a mc with a path inside of it?

Okay, thats cool. I'll have to look further into the animations to se what a good way to do that. I can also look into the different ship names. But that won't be till a little later tonight, at work for moment and leaving in half-hour. I'll post here and also pm ya when I get something for ya.

sweet i might actually have this problem solved, i posted at kirupa forum for a couple days(its seen 50+ views but no replies -sigh-). thank you for your help, sorry about bugging you at work

Ya, I used to like that forum before too. I really like this place, usually get quick and helpful answers. I really like lookn at this place at work sometimes, helps to pass the time. I usually like to check out the files unless they have a lot of graphics and is big. But I was able to see yours for a bit. Hope too have something for ya later tonight though.

Sorry for the delay, had somestuff to take care of. I got it gonna for ya. Well at least in enemy20 movieClip. You'll notice that in the enemy20 mc that I changed the graphic to the exploding clip that you had. Also changed the code inside the shipMC and the 2 lasers. All you really need to do is copy the 2 if statements on the laser and change the other enemy MC's.

Well the file is a bit to big to attach over. Can I get an email address so I can email it to ya.

ya thank you for your help, my e-mail is mizi_kay@yahoo.com, ill take a look at it during school, no flash on my home comp

Okay sent ya the email. Also on a side note, to keep your file sizes alot smaller you might want to look into using duplicatingMovieClip for your bad guys. Its alot easier and saves space instead of copying and pasting the same MC on the stage.

ya i did duplicate the MCs and just altered each one, oh the e-mail thing didn't work

Okay, what of flash are you using?

i sent you an e-mail repliy with the info, flash mx, it said it was an unexpected file format

so my game is coming along very well with all the help, just a new question, when i put the explosion MC in the enemy MC, it allows you to shoot it again before the explosion finishes then the exlposion starts all over(you can shoot the same ship multiple times) i was wondering if anyone knew of a script to fix this bug? the new game upload is at http://henry.sandi.net/students/2007...spaceship.html if you click the grey box it skips you to the lastest thing, metal tuxedo is the only ship working and if you use that ship that part of the game will represent the bug the best, just try hitting the ship(hold down spacebar and move you ship parrellel to the opponent.
    P.S. that glitch works on all the levels but only when the opponent gets close because the other explosions are smaller and shorter in length