A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Stream buffer problem

Stream buffer problem

I am doing a project on playing video by Flash.
    I use Flash Media Server and play .flv file.
    I have successful made a connection and a netstream to read the video.
    I specify the buffer time to 5 second. I test and find that when the buffer is full, the video is playing. But when it is played for 3 second, I call two functions: pause() and play() , the buffer start to buffer from zero, not use the things that it has buffer for 5 seconds.

And when the film is play for 20 seconds, when I use the seek function to seek 5 seconds from the beginning of the film, the buffer start to buffer from zero, too.
    I see in youtube.com when you seek to the data that the player has loaded, the player play it directly without buffering again.
    So is there any way to do it like youtube.com, for having buffering every time you change the playhead to a specific period in the film like the way Streaming in Flash Media Server is not good and somehow annoying.

imagination through stupidity
    myspace is not streaming the video, they're active downloading it. This is how they have progress bars and seeking w/out rebuffering. What you stated is exactly what is supposed to happen when streaming/buffering video. (btw, 5 second buffer is huge if you want to play/seek quickly)
    Nothing to see here, move along.