dcsimg
A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Building Portfolio Site

Building Portfolio Site

hello kids,

i am trying to create a full portfolio site in flash. i have a bunch of flash movies that i have made that i want to load into my main movie. the problem is, is that all the other movies have a different frame rate than my main movie. i have tried to use setInterval to force a frame rate on the loaded clip, but because i'm using heavy AS in them it messes up the playback.

what would be the best way to tackle this project? turn the swfs into flv files somehow? screen capture the swf files and convert to flv? is there a better way to load external swfs and maintain the original frame rate?

this is driving my insane, please help meeee

here's an example of what i tried:

fastFrames = function(){
    holder.nextFrame();
    updateAfterEvent();
    }
    speedyID = setInterval(fastFrames, 30);
    Last edited by addamtron; 11-26-2006 at 11:08 PM.

how about using a pop-up for the movies? Then they would be able to run in the default FPS..

I have made movies 'seem' to be slower (like you have tried)..but you can NOT make them faster then the MAIN movie.

ya i was thinking if theres no other option that i would just use javascript popups but it seems like theres got to be something.

my main movie is 32fps and most of the movies that i'm trying to load into ti are 18fps, slower.. not faster.

thanks for the comments.