dcsimg
A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: super black

super black

not much to do with flash i know but i figure someone here may be able to help me
    i have a few images with various objects and peple emerging out of black with some bits blurred in . problem is the black now needs to be super black so that the images can sit well in an illustrator document
    is there a nice easy way to make an adjustment to the image in photoshop
    to make the blacks into super black bearing in mind that it blends into the images aswell ?

Select the layer you want to adjust, hit Ctrl+L to open up the Levels dialogue, then drag the upper left slider towards the right. That will make all your blacks blacker.
    mrush

> .. _ .: Join the FK ARENA!:..:RUSHVision vs. JWin:. _ .. <
    ..:: "Why aren't the lockout programs working?!?...Release the monkey!" ::..

... Illustrator? Are you going to printing these images?
    If youre going to be printing them from home Rushy's suggestion will work.
    But if youre going to send these to a beru then I dont suggest using RGB black, stick to the cmyk. C0 M0 Y0 K100

Screen black R0 G0 B0 < you wont get much blacker than that...
    wow, that sounds so wrong

thanks but no this isn't for home its for sending to print and the blacks need to be super black ie. cyan 40% black 100%
    trouble is they are photos with black in so i can't just select the black bits and make them the right tone i need a way to play with the levels to make them super black in photoshop
    any ideas ?

Haven't done too much of it myself, but could you adjust the levels in RGB then convert to CMYK?
    mrush

> .. _ .: Join the FK ARENA!:..:RUSHVision vs. JWin:. _ .. <
    ..:: "Why aren't the lockout programs working?!?...Release the monkey!" ::..

Rush, bad idea, you need to remember thatthe colour shifts from RGB to CMYK are dodge, most colours take up a "blue" tone.

Honestly, I would say:
    1: Ensure the image you are working on is in CMYK mode
    2: bump your levels (Alt + Ctrl + L) and adjust the image until your black and images fade accordingly by dragging your sliders.
    3: Save the file as a TIF file (this preserves the colour mode and values) Remember to set your dpi accordingly. Standard for full a4 prints is 300 ditto for a3, over that youre looking at at least 500 and up.

Kinda ruined by the fact that I ran out of time.
    BUUUUT hey.

trouble is those ideas just seem to be making the image darker which isn't what i'm after
    i'm trying to make the darkest black 40%cyan and100%black then ththen the rest of the darkness ranging out of that so it fits into the black background i have in illustrator perfectly without being able to see the box around the image

but thanks anyway

must be a photoshop forum out there somewhere thats as good as this place is