A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: preloder wont work right

i have three scenecs, the first scene is the enter and it takes them to the preloader then i have the preloader scene take them to the movie scene. my problem is the hole movie wants to load up before the preloader plays, i tried to take out the the first scence and just have the preloader the first scence but it still wants to loads the hole move befroe the preloader plays

thanks for any help you can give

You need to make sure you have a "goto" action that keeps looping the preloader until your movie is loaded. Have the "goto" action point to the same frame where you have the "ifFramesLoaded" script. And it is within the "ifFramesLoaded" statement that you have the command to goto and play the next scene once the frames that you have stipulated have loaded.

If this doesn't work, try to give me some more information on how you have things set up......movie structure, frame actions, etc.

Hope this helps.

i tried that i still doesnt work right. i went to http://www.acky.net/tutorials/flash/preloader/ and i have it set up just like they say i dont understand what im doing wrong,please right back

thanks for your help

do you think you could make me a fla file with the preloader done i need three scence second scence can be the preloader,just add the script in the preloader scence and add the script in the last scence, is there any thing i can do for you let me know njtermite@yahoo.com

Thanks