A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: hybrid cd rom does not play mac10.4.8

hybrid cd rom starts on PC and older versions of Mac but does not play on mac10.4.8

I made a cross platform cd rom. I used Macimage to write the autostart and it autostarts and plays on the PC and the older versions of Mac but doe not start on the new Mac 10.4.8 ... Can any one explain this to me and what I should be using...

Thanks
    smedia
    Last edited by smedia; 12-05-2006 at 01:06 PM.

FK's Official Mac Hater jasonsplace's Avatar
    I'm not a Mac expert but from what i've heard you can't autorun stuff on a Mac. Your user is going to have to manually start the application. It's a security feature.
    Jason L. Wright
    I'm not that hard to imitate. Just make some random negative claim at Apple or anything else for that matter and then have nothing to back it up.

this is true

No autorun feature is supported in mac osx.
    http://www.flashfrog.com

Lifetime Friend of Site Staff Northcode's Avatar
    You can enable Autorun when a CD is burned but AutoRun (called Autoplay on the MAC) is a feature that can be disabled by the user. Autoplay on OSX can be enabled/disabled via the QuickTime Settings control panel (it's actually part of QT, not built into the OS) and it is disabled by default on OSX. For usability purposes, a readme file is normally added to a CD's root folder to instruct the user about what to do.