A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: 3D sphere skewing (PAID WORK)

Hybrid View

3D sphere skewing (PAID WORK)

Hi everyone. I hoping someone here has the knowledge and time to help out on a quick project. Please understand that we're almost done the project and simple looking to finalize one last nice-to-have. So you would be modifying a relatively simple class file and sending it back. Here are the details:

We're replicating this effect: http://yugop.com/ver3/stuff/31/ in Flash.
    Now we've already gotten the objects moving around a sphere. We're stuck at making the objects scale and skew to seem like they're stuck on the edge of the sphere (just like in yugo's demo - which seems to only be using affine transformations). Now I know we can't do real perspective transformations without triangles - and we're not trying to do that. But I know we can simulate the effect with some combination of rotation/scale/skew. But for the life of me, I can't grasp the math required in order to derive this relationship. In my searches, I did find this link:
    http://www.flashadvisor.com/tutorial...n_Flash-1.html

But I can't make heads or tails of it. I can't tell if it's just poorly written or if it's just a poor implementation.

Anyway, I'm currently just faking the effect by scaling x/y the same:
    obj.dir._xscale = Math.abs(obj.z)/radius * 100;
    obj.dir._yscale = Math.abs(obj.z)/radius * 100;
    As you can imagine, this just doesn't give the effect any justice.

If anyone's available, I'd be grateful for the help. Anyone interested is encouraged to private message me asap.

Thanks for your time,
    David

Lead Multimedia Developer
    lol...I feel like this is shameless self promotion for our website, but check the link in my sig and feel free to drop me an email. I can probably help with what you need.
    Thanks.
    Christopher Bell
    Lead Multimedia Developer