A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: [news] gratz marmotte

[news] gratz marmotte

"bubble islands" is up for best web browser game at the igf
    http://www.igf.com/php-bin/entries2007.php?entry_id=146
    Graphics Attract, Motion Engages, Gameplay Addicts
    XP Pro | P4 2.8Ghz | 2Gb | 80Gb,40Gb | 128Mb DDR ATI Radeon 9800 Pro

woohoooo, thanks a lot for the mention Blink!

And thanks to everyone who helped me for that project! And yes, i still need to work a little on it to make it gold, finally (it still depends on my free time, since it's an independant game, but basically everything is done except some sounds/voices and illustrations, and some details...)

btw, I was almost hesitating to write a Squize's like [PIMP] or [TROPHY] kind of thread for this myself, hahaha

Anyway, thanks. I hope that you'll enjoy the game too when it'll be public

Patron Saint of Beatings WilloughbyJackson's Avatar
    w00t!
    Go Marmotte!

Flash / Php game designer
    Looks similar to 'kirby's ghost trap' on the SNES, which i had the thought of remaking earlier today. I looked on your site, where can i actually play the game :?

Is there something I missed here? How can a game that hasn't been released win an award? :s
    http://www.birchlabs.co.uk/
    You know you want to.

Well, of course i sent them the current beta (that was in september)... As i said everything is finished except some details, so they were able to play it with the full game modes (arcade, puzzle, score modes) etc...

Oh, i have to play that Kirby game then, although "Bubble islands" was inspired by Puyo Puyo and another Dreamcast game called "Plus Plumb"

Flash / Php game designer
    Puyo puyo is the japanese title of Kirby's Ghost Trap

Mmmh, now that you mention it

They also used mr Eggman from Sonic in the Genesis/Megadrive version if i remember...

Wow, an award for a game that's not out yet. I know you sent them a demo/near-final version, but I must say, I'm jealous.

2KHeroes / Sylvaniah designer luxregina's Avatar
    I would be jealous too if it wasn't Marmotte ! first, because it's difficult to be jalous on someone you cannot compete with ... you know i'm not nessecerly big on Manga style, but you are the one that actually opened my mind on such games, your dedication and passion to it made me think I was really missing a cultural icon, which I was ! cheers for the retro-guy !

Quote Originally Posted by luxregina
    I would be jealous too if it wasn't Marmotte ! first, because it's difficult to be jalous on someone you cannot compete with ... you know i'm not nessecerly big on Manga style, but you are the one that actually opened my mind on such games, your dedication and passion to it made me think I was really missing a cultural icon, which I was ! cheers for the retro-guy !
    :_) now that's really nice, thanks a lot...

And what are you talking about, you are definitively a (really) talented guy...

And talking about dedication, would you like me to mention 2K for example, mmh?

Yep, i'm still a great fan of japanese stuffs (video games, mangas, schoolgirls and nurses *cough* (kidding) etc etc...). I'm in a world of cute things, except that one of my favorite game of all times is the Silent Hill serie, haha, what a nice contrast

Anyway i'm already planning 1 or 2 things for the future if Bubble Islands works well... no retro stuff (unfortunately), but i think it will be enjoyable...

Thanks, thanks again for your nice words

And yes, please don't be jealous 404, after all YOU are the Captain

2KHeroes / Sylvaniah designer luxregina's Avatar
    talking about silent Hill, I actually saw the movie recently : not that it is a milestone, but I was impressed with the "adult" themes it was conveying ...

anyhow, you will still be my "oldschool" , foreign games, reference here on FK (ironclaw and Moonstone have pole position behind you ) ... and that dedication has nothing to do with 2K : it is a style you are in love with, not a game or a personnal project ...you see where i'm going !

Silent Hill is a GREAT video game to movie conversion (it was about time, huh?) and most of all: fideless...

you should really play the games, you'll be amazed of how many "adult" themes are hidden there... especially Silent Hill 2. Nothing is shown, everything is suggested; metaphores etc... smart stuffs

And yes i see what you mean, thanks again for your nice words!
    Last edited by tomsamson; 12-10-2006 at 02:13 AM.

nice work marmotte, always been a big fan of your stuff. Good to see your getting credit for the hard work you put in.

Gratz Marmotte

Whats up with all the different names? When I played the game it was kirby avalanche....

hey did you know the guy who did the graphics for silent hill also did a lot of pixel work before it?
    Graphics Attract, Motion Engages, Gameplay Addicts
    XP Pro | P4 2.8Ghz | 2Gb | 80Gb,40Gb | 128Mb DDR ATI Radeon 9800 Pro

Good work mate, crossing my fingers for you

Squize.

We've been waiting for this game for so long time...just a few more weeks :P

Congrats marmotte ^^

congrats motto!
    I´m still a bit pissed trucks isn´t seen as indy effort for em although it was done by less than a handful people as side project next to actual work but well, if loosing against someone,i still feel best loosing against you and your game
    Sure,as others said the gameplay is remarckably similar to puyo puyo and other games of that sort but gosh,people,wait till you play it,it has attention to detail and polish in every bit,really lovely
    Go for it motto,make us proud

Well deserved, mate....