dcsimg
A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: need feedback please...

need feedback please...

this is my new graphic design page.
    please, all comments are welcome!
    Committed to excellence through art.
    DarkEdgeDesign

Ok, your site is a good start. however, I must address a few things. First, does your site really need the red paint splatter? I don't think it goes with the style of thesite. Next, I would definitly get rid of the gradient on the text. It clashes with the background because there are too many visual elements. Remember, gradients are powerful enough on their own. Lastly, You might want to fix the 'E 'in Edge. I figured that it's and 'E', but it looks like an 'F'. You seem to be ok where the animation is concerned, especially if you haven't dove into ActionScript yet. Just remember that the design is the other half of the battle. I hope this helped you out.

Ryan Wilson
    Creative Director
    3rd Lounge Inc
    http://www.3rdlounge.com

Ok, your site is a good start. However, I must address a few things. First, does your site really need the red paint splatter? I don't think it goes with the style of thesite. Next, I would definitly get rid of the gradient on the text. It clashes with the background because there are too many visual elements. Remember, gradients are powerful enough on their own. Lastly, You might want to fix the 'E 'in Edge. I figured that it's and 'E', but it looks like an 'F'. You seem to be ok where the animation is concerned, especially if you haven't dove into ActionScript yet. Just remember that the design is the other half of the battle. I hope this helped you out.

Ryan Wilson
    Creative Director
    3rd Lounge Inc
    http://www.3rdlounge.com

Hi,

Your links don't work except home. You should have information there not just a big logo.

You should set your html page so the background color matches your movie.
    Your movie is a bit wide most users aren't in to scrolling horizontally.