A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What Car do you...

What Car do you...

Right now i drive a 10 year old Volvo and was thinking about buying the lexus 350. I've been comtemplating a lot on whether i should even buy a new car but I really like the new ones. My family has the Lexus 330 but the 350 just looks soo much better and nicer. Im willing to spend around 35-45000 on it canadian. Or should i just stick to my 10 year old volvo for a few more years?
    What do you think are the best cars on the market right now? (brand new that is)
    * I could be banned at any time... [/evp]

I'll sell you my '98 White Stratus for $3000. You know because that is all I can afford while paying for school and living in a dorm with another person.
    "Let us declare nature to be legitimate. All plants should be declared legal, and all animals for that matter. The notion of illegal plants and animals is obnoxious and ridiculous."- T. McKenna

Last edited by asheep_uk; 12-10-2006 at 01:29 PM.

^ Yeah. I lurv that car.
    "I'd only told them the truth. Was that so selfish? Our integrity sells for so little, but it is all we really have. It is the very last inch of us, but within that inch, we are free."

woo for the 04' focus

I dont know which one do you think is a better deal: A4, ES350, or the 3 series BMW?
    I also like the chrysler 300c which looks and drives nice. I've never driven an audi before but they sure do look nice.

Even though I was going to once purchase an A4 before I got my Jetta... they share so many parts with VW, it's cheaper to get one of those instead; not unless you're looking at the Audi TT... which is somewhat overrated imho.

Anyway, why even spend all of that money on something that's going to insta-depreciate? Get a car that functions well, doesn't scream out "my penis is very small"... and work on those friend skills dude.

Oh... and if you're looking at a 300C, I'd say do more research. They depreciate the fastest out of all that's listed. BMW's... no so much, in fact the least out of your group. Lexus... dude, it's a friggin' Toyota.

Peep the new Altima Coupe instead... "poor man's Infiniti G35" basically.

[ Hello ] | [ gerbick ] | [ Ω ]

Hmm, I'd personally opt for the BMW 328i. Great cars, and you'll look much cooler in a BMW than a Lexus. For just under $40,000 Canadian, you can get one with a few cool options on top of it (like the Premium Sound System and rear park distance control).

I was actually looking at the G35! but a bit out of the price range. I dont think the lexus screams out "my penis is very small" the es350 isnt that great of a car... something like a ferrari... that screams out a small penis. lol.

I'd pick the Audi but cars are such a subjective subject.

If you like the way a car looks and drives then go for it, nothing else really matters. You're not going to buy a car you don't like the look and 'feel' of just because it gets a couple of extra miles to the gallon, or has more cup-holders are you?

FK'n Elitist Super Mod EVPohovich's Avatar
    Wow, since when does driving a nice car scream 'small penis'? That is just a menatality that I just don't get...

The G35 is actually what I think will be our next car purchase.....Kristi is not so hot on the looks though. As far as the Audi A4, if you can get a handle on AWD it's a kick ass ride. And the S4 has way wore power, if you want it.....I know I would. BMW's,while I really like them, are becoming very common cars, and unless you go for the M3 you aren't going to see a great jump in performance. If you are only looking for luxury then the Lexus would be fine, but for the money why not get some added performance...

...and the next time you see a nice car on the road don't hate.....aspire...

Nice car = ok.

Sports car just for show and you can't even drive it and tend to wreck it just like all of the other Ferrari owners out there = small penis.

Get with it.

Quote Originally Posted by gshock
    What do you think are the best cars on the market right now? (brand new that is)
    I think the Lexus is the best value before you start dipping into the vanity cost. They're very well engineered, reliable, hold their re-sale value better than most other cars, generous horse-power. I say go with your first inclination there. And get the nav option.
    "We don't estimate speeches." - CBO Director Doug Elmendorf

In current terms, having a car = lucky teenager.

PAlexC: That's just Chuck Norris's way of saying sometimes corn needs to lay the heck down.
    Gerbick: America. Stabbing suckers since Vespucci left.

Wow...maybe they should put warning labels on Ferraris: 'WARNING: Purchase of this automobile may result in a significant loss of penile length.'

More like "More money than sense."

Search for Ferrari Enzo and wreck and you'll find the accidents from this year alone. One leading to the arrest of the Gizmondo dude.

And it's not a loss of penile length. It's the replacement for the penis.

I agree with Gerbick, girls CLAIM to be attracted to guys with nice cars (and i have to say its a lot easier to pick up girls in a nice car) but when u drive around showing it off girls think you're overcompensating for something... i.e: penile length ;-) although it would be nice if i could get a couple extra inches by buying a ferrari ... LOL

I guess some just have it from the get go and money and toys just enhance the quality. Then there are those that are only flash...

Money can never buy brains.....that dumbass would have done the same thing in a Sentra. It's a damn shame though that it had to happen in a $650,000 car that they only made less than 500 of... Making an F1 car legal on the street though only begs to be pushed. I know I'd have to see what she was really capable of doing. Too tempting.

I just dont get it... why people buy cars with like 500 horsepower... you'll barely ever get to test it out in a normal place like America or Canada. A sportscar in Canada is just out of the question for me... the canadian winters are insane here.

Quote Originally Posted by gshock
    Im willing to spend around 35-45000 on it canadian.
    Uh - aren't you the same guy who is in college, cant make friends, has lost too much money playing online poker, and has no curtains on the windows of your house which you share with no one?

a) Why are you spending ANY money on a new car while in college?
    b) see a).

I've got a '98 Acura TL with >150,000 miles - works great - flies on the highway. My advice - try looking for a better avenue to spend that kind of cash.
    Last edited by hanratty21; 12-10-2006 at 07:52 PM.
    "Why does it hurt when I pee?" -- F. Zappa |