1 33.33%
  • Linux

0 0%
  • All them above

1 33.33%

Thread: how meny out USE linux with [F8 IDE]

if($<0){WelcomeToMyWorld} joshchernoff's Avatar

how meny out USE linux with [F8 IDE]

Since vista is coming out with no real resone to pay a hole lot more for a OS with little upgrade besides the GUI I feel no resone to stick around on a out dated OS like XP. I would like to kick windows to the curb once and for all and get on a linux distro, But if it was not for flash's IDE seeming to work only under mac and windows this would have happend long time ago. I would like to know if any of you out there use the IDE under linux and if so what distro and how (do you use wine?)
    Last edited by joshchernoff; 12-13-2006 at 07:57 PM.

You sound as sad as the guy on your avatar looks ( )
    - The right of the People to create Flash movies shall not be infringed. -
    | www.Flashscript.biz | Flashscript Biz Classes/Components |

if($<0){WelcomeToMyWorld} joshchernoff's Avatar
    I just thought of some thing. I wonder Is there and real bonus to using any one type of OS for flash like mac vs. windows.

I manly want to use linux do to free php, html and other web IDEs for free. That and I think the kde has a nicer GUI then most OS systems yes even or mac's 10

Graphic Guy
    yeah! i have used suse 10.1 and wine to get flash 8 under linux full functionality, besides i was able to use dreamweaver and fireworks as well, right now there's a lot of windows programs supported by wine. Remember only macromedia suite 8 works under linux. Why i came back to windows?? i'm using a very complicated setup between two computers to share the sound card, monitor an hard drive over my network, so i caan extend my desktop to slave computer monitor and play different sounds in both computer's sound cards all of this with one keyboard and mouse set. In linux this can be done but the suse + xdmx + kde combination wasn't quite a success to me, any way i'm thinking about doing it later with more time to play arround, until then i'm stock in windows.

i forgot something else, i've tried everything to grt my flash windows files opened in linux flash, but that's not possible, at least to me. Disadvantage??? YES!!! none of my projects can be opened!!! try to do it and if you actually can open your windows flash files into linux let me know how to do it
    Last edited by darioco; 12-13-2006 at 09:57 PM.