A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: [RESOLVED] Load Movie

[RESOLVED] Load Movie

Hi everyone

I have a movie clip where i have three keyframes. When the player head reaches each keyframe i want different movieclips to load and play. Movie1 for frame 1, movie2 for frame 2 e.t.c.

Im looking for a friendly soul that can help me understand how to use the laodmovei command, i know i should try myself before posting but i cant find any good material to learn from that is not trying do it in a more complicated way.

Just add
    this.loadMovie("movie1.swf");
    in a frame in frame 1 and so on.
    - The right of the People to create Flash movies shall not be infringed. -

yes that worked! But only on the first frame, i use button to controll the timeline of the MC called "this" in your code. And its like the other frames dont excist once the movie is loaded in the first frame.

of course now i realize its not good enough. I need to controll the movie thats loaded in. Like position and give it a background. I would also like to fade it in. I gess i haev to learn how to put it in another MC that i control.

Can i make an MC and tween it from alpha 0 to 100 and then use AS to order a movieclip to load into and play into that MC?

Why do you need to load movies in different frames of a movieclip anyways?
    - The right of the People to create Flash movies shall not be infringed. -

Good question. Because i am confused? If i load a movie into an another movie like you showed me, does it replace the timeline of that movie? Then i just create three MC taht each have code to load in an external movie in itself. Then i can tween the alpha of that movie. Is that correct?