dcsimg
A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: choppy flv

choppy flv

hi, i'm creating swf players for the flv's my boss is creating and they're coming out really choppy online. and i've tried increasing the buffer time, adding a preloader, and such but with no success. the flv's are currently being uploaded onto an akamai netstorage server and the flv's are currently being encoded for progressive download, 320x240, sorenson squeeze, uncompressed audio, 29.97 fps, 1-pass vbr, and the file ends up being at about 70-100 mb. now, i'm guessing it's how my boss is encoding the videos into flv through sorenson that's making the flv choppy online on the viewer end of things. any suggestions? thanks.

Pourio,

Could it be the datarate of your files are too big?

Why are you using uncompressed audio? What is the sample rate of your audio?

datarate is 6000kbps. audio is... not sure. i keep telling my boss that the file size and compression needs to be higher but they won't budge. that's why i'm posting. i'm pretty much convinced i can't do much more without them reducing their datarate, audio, etc but maybe there's another way. thanks.

Depending on your connection that is way too high.

T1 is 1.5Mbps. Cable is usually less than that. You would have to be on a very speedy connection to be able to play that reliably.

I recommend dropping the frame rate. Try halfing it. It sounds harsh but for the web it looks decent and you'll double your playback performance.