A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Rotating Land

Rotating Land

I posted this in the newbie section but I'm posting it here too because I think it may be applicable in this forum.

Hi everyone. I have a burning question that I really want to ask since....well last night when I dreamed it.

Ok, I want to build a small interactive city for my website. I plan to create a house, school, park, etc, and when I click on them, a window will pop up displaying different information like my profile, artwork, etc.

Here's the part that's tricky... I want to be able to rotate horizontally around the city so you really get the feeling that it's real.

The problem is I don't know where to begin. I have some experience in Maya.. I know how to model, texture, uv, light. So would I model my whole city in Maya, then export it to some sort of file then import it into Flash and animate it?

If this is possible, does anyone know the script to make it "rotatable"?

Thanks in advance!

This question has been asked in various forms quite a few times. You will find plenty of results if you search the 3D forum for '3D rotate' or something similar. Another option would be to search the 3D forum and this one for any posts made by 'gerbick'. I would try the '3D rotate' first, but he's the one who ended up answering most of those questions so searching for his name is just another way to find the same information if your keywords aren't pulling up the right stuff.
    mrush

> .. _ .: Join the FK ARENA!:..:RUSHVision vs. JWin:. _ .. <
    ..:: "Why aren't the lockout programs working?!?...Release the monkey!" ::..