A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: [Collab] Need coder for Mario Brother Remake

[Collab] Need coder for Mario Brother Remake

EDIT: I would like to apologize for being a giant douche. Every since i came to this community i've been giving a bad impression. At every other forum I'm a nice, well-meaning , productive part of the community. When i came into flash, i wanted to do so many things with it, and i didn't want to wait. Thats why i've been so bossy and impatieint. It's no excuse i know, and im sorry. Im sorry to you two, i didn't mean what i said. Im going to take the time to leanr actionscript and do this on my own. Again, im sorry i hope you can forgive me.

Im going to start working on a new installment of the Super Mario Brother series, SMB4. It will have elements from SMB1, 2, and 3, along with some things from SMW 1 and 2. It going to be a big project. Fortunately, i have most of the ideas down, and i'm willing to make all the graphics. I just need a coder for the actual gameplay. I'll be giving most of the instructions but some creative liberty will certainly be available. This will be an on and off thing, no big commitment, and it wont kick into gear till i feel im ready to focus on it. So then, who wants to help?

If your intersted, please contact me via AIM, as i wont be checking this thread.
    Last edited by DJLO; 12-17-2006 at 07:40 PM.

You... do realize that nobody needs someone to do graphics for a Mario game? That's what sprite sheets are for. Basically what you're saying is "I want to be in charge of a Mario game. You write the engine, and I'll give you some sprites when I feel like it. You contact me, because I'm not going to check any replies to this thread."

Did he even provide his AIM details?
    http://www.birchlabs.co.uk/
    You know you want to.

2KHeroes / Sylvaniah designer luxregina's Avatar
    (...)are you interested, or did you just come to flame?
    He came here to give his input ... his input might not please you, but that's far to be a flame

He is right : recreating sprites, whether you "recolor" them or not isn't much of a job to warrant a position where you will kindly "allow creative liberty" to your coder.

A previous check on your post history would certainly tell what type of patient personn you are to work with anyhow : good luck to the ones that would be interested

http://board.flashkit.com/board/showthread.php?t=699019

Ok, i need to stop being a dumbass. Im sorry.

2KHeroes / Sylvaniah designer luxregina's Avatar
    That's a great attitude ! My apologies for pointing this out the harsh way then

Learning will also be a more rewarding experience for you, and this is the right board to learn !

Quote Originally Posted by DJLO
    I would like to apologize for being a giant douche
    Quote Originally Posted by DJLO
    Ok, i need to stop being a dumbass. Im sorry.
    what are you, some kind of skitzo?

oh and i'm sure you're going to make all the graphics right, you wouldn't just rip them and then i suppose you'd take the credit?

Nice
    Last edited by tonypa; 12-18-2006 at 10:03 AM.
    lather yourself up with soap - soap arcade

after 5, before 4 Location::~Location(){}
    Bleh..I coulda seen this one coming from a mile.

doItLikeThis
    Don't take all of this on your heart.

YOU ARE JUST LOOKING AT A FORUM AND READING ON YOUR OWN AND THINKING THOUSAND THINGS IN YOUR HEAD WHICH ARE NOTHING MORE THAN PASSTIME KEYBOARD BASHING. NOW YOU'RE FEELING SLEEPY, SLEEEEPYYYYY........
    -Aditya

Edit: I've had my coffee now.......and it's noon....<delete old post>

New post:Could we some of your graphics for the mario game you have in mind?

need a way to post them?

use this.......

http://truimagz.com/Hosting.htm
    Last edited by everfornever; 12-19-2006 at 12:24 PM.

Christ, Whats up with all of you latly he didn't even post anything wrong and your flaming him for it.
    I think 'Does that mean your going to create the sprites or rip them' would have sufficed?

Anywho:
    , and i'm willing to make all the graphics
    so he isnt going to rip them he may mean in the style of mario bro's.

^everfornever:
    What have you suddenly got against a collabration of a coder and a graphics designer?

And finally:
    Just so you know, if anyone, its normally the coder who's in charge as most of the timer coding takes a few months wheras graphics can be done with days and somtimes even hours.
    Last edited by tidenburg; 12-19-2006 at 12:01 PM.
    "I'd only told them the truth. Was that so selfish? Our integrity sells for so little, but it is all we really have. It is the very last inch of us, but within that inch, we are free."