A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: New York bans fat

Dear lord, I might actually agree with Lackey on something...

Banning smoking I get - it effects more than just the smoker. But fats? Personal choice is personal choice. I'd much rather see them use a warning system like cigarettes or improve the health ed. NY children get to cover proper nutrition.
    Hush child. japangreg can do what he wants. - PAlexC
    That was Zen - this is Tao.

I'm not saying all fat people are dumb and maybe sending them to THE ISLAND isn't such a good idea but they should be forced to goto some kind of rehabilitation center or somthing to make them thinner. Im not saying this because fat people are ugly but it is unhealthy and not really a good example to be setting. Parents should also be "corrected" if thier kids are fat (by choice)
    Last edited by tidenburg; 12-20-2006 at 03:03 PM.
    "I'd only told them the truth. Was that so selfish? Our integrity sells for so little, but it is all we really have. It is the very last inch of us, but within that inch, we are free."

i don't think this is what they meant by reducing dependency on foreign oil

I Mastered Dead Technology TallGuyLittleCar's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by tidenburg
    I'm not saying all fat people are dumb and maybe sending them to THE ISLAND isn't such a good idea but they should be forced to goto some kind of rehabilitation center or somthing to make them thinner. Im saying this because fat people are ugly (not all of them are) but it is unhealthy and not really a good example to be setting. Parents should also be "corrected" if thier kids are fat (by choice)
    I think short men are ugly... doesn't mean we should start throwing people on the rack.
    ONLY RON PAUL AND ALUMINUM FOIL CAN SAVE YOU NOW!
    annoy your politician fairtax.org, a political forum

Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabris, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam.

FK'n Elitist Super Mod EVPohovich's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by tidenburg
    I'm not saying all fat people are dumb and maybe sending them to THE ISLAND isn't such a good idea but they should be forced to goto some kind of rehabilitation center or somthing to make them thinner. Im saying this because fat people are ugly (not all of them are) but it is unhealthy and not really a good example to be setting. Parents should also be "corrected" if thier kids are fat (by choice)
    It's also a shame that they don't have an island for ignorant people as well.....you'd fit right in.

I'll be the first to admit making a jab at a fat person's expense, my ex-wife being prime target number one, but saying fat people are dumb and ugly...? What the hell is wrong with you?

The only area where I think the government should regulate weight in the private sector is welfare recipients.....5' 2" and 265lbs. .....I don't need to pay for that.

im all for it, i hope california is next way too many over weight people here

up to my .as in code Chris_Seahorn's Avatar
    Give the man an inch , he'll take a mile.

Today it's fat. Tomorrow the number crunchers may decide violence in video games is the direct cause for things like youth violence and the high rate of little jonnies and suzies toting Glock 9's into school with their lunch and ban consoles.

I'll try to be as sympathetic when there are tons of people crying Wii Wii Wii all the way home

Think it can't happen? You don't know the nature of "big brother"

FK'n Elitist Super Mod EVPohovich's Avatar
    Thought: What is the likelihood of NYC restaurants coming back at this law, or possibly just leaving altogether?

Like T-Man said ( a Seattle KUBE93 morning show ) "Let me choose what I eat, there is no reason to make immigrants die on planes because condoms of trans-fats are exploding in their stomachs."..."Real Italian Cuisine....just like mama used to make......not really !"

It is kind of an interesting law to pass, I mean I've never heard a ban on basically food. I agree with gerbick though, as the fattest nation in the world, it really wouldn't hurt. Now major car manufacturers will have their MiniVan sales go down, and scooters will go out of style. Good. What I'm going to be happy about is when those overly huge people stop having to use "bus wheelchair lifts" because they are so big. I mean seriously...I see that in Seattle all the time. It's made to lift disabled people not moby dick.

Quote Originally Posted by noiselab
    "Real Italian Cuisine....just like mama used to make......not really !"
    chances are mama was using olive oil and bacon grease, not a synthetic oil with trans-fats. You can still get the same sort of food, just a normal oil will have to be used instead of the economical synthetic trans fats being used. Anybody that thinks this is a ban on food is a moron... and probably fat to.

Honestly does the state have the right to say what a restaurant can and can not cook with. Sure, they do it already.

Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabris, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam.

but saying fat people are dumb and ugly...? What the hell is wrong with you?
    If you look through my posts youll find I say nothing about fat people being dumb and ugly except here:
    Im saying this because fat people are ugly
    which is a really really harsh typo that im about to change

Im crap with grammar in pcs so forgive me please
    our school once made it so everyone had to do a presentation on children in need and I remember by accident one of my slides said:
    Children in need is to stop things like:
    Child aduse
    Abandonment
    Child Prostitution
    and other horrible things that should be happening to children.
    Embaressing
    "I'd only told them the truth. Was that so selfish? Our integrity sells for so little, but it is all we really have. It is the very last inch of us, but within that inch, we are free."

1. Banning transfat has nothing to do with weight control.
    2. Transfat is actually not something of the good old cuisine. Getting rid of it means to go back to the good old cuisine.
    3. When transfat was introduced it was not known that the body could not degrade it. Unlike smoking, which was always known to be bad, this was not known about the use of transfat until recently.
    4. Why aren't you happy that now you can go to restaurants where food does not contain transfat. If the government would not interefere it would probably take decades until restaurants would react. Just take smoking as an example.
    - The right of the People to create Flash movies shall not be infringed. -

Quote Originally Posted by cancerinform
    Why aren't you happy that now you can go to restaurants where food does not contain transfat
    Because it helped disguise the taste of the piss the upset waiter or chef added

Quote Originally Posted by Chris_Seahorn
    Because it helped disguise the taste of the piss the upset waiter or chef added
    What do they add (piss???)? You can actually now expect that they cook with butter again instead of margarine. And if the food does not taste they go bankrupt, because nobody comes.
    - The right of the People to create Flash movies shall not be infringed. -

Awww...comon now cancerinform....gimme a hug

It's called a joke, fairly old custom introduced in New York way back in the day. Sorry if me being one of the people who live in the backyard being tossed around in here isn't giving it the seriousness you feel I should. I'm more concerned to know when they will legislate the tolls on the Interstate to go bye bye like the rest of the country sems to be able to do. Forgive me if I feel New York would legislate a little league game if an interest group told them to. I call it one of my rights provided due to my being part of the taxbase in question.

Now that you've pointed out how it's bad for ALL, how is this wasting NYS legislative time appropriate when this exists?

http://www.fda.gov/

So only New Yorkers are at risk? They have other issues to deal with that are more fitting to their appointments IMO. When I write my next check to them I'll continue that thought process

Quote Originally Posted by Chris_Seahorn
    Let them eat cake (or fries, or dripping wet burgers, or...)
    Mmmm...Island Burger.
    "What really bugs me is that my mom had the audacity to call Flash Kit a bunch of 'inept jack-asses'." - sk8Krog
    ...and now I have tape all over my face.

Quote Originally Posted by cancerinform
    What do they add (piss???)?

If you anger a waiter the waiter will urinate, spit, and put other foul things in your food. I never did it as a waiter... but knew others that did.

When I met my wife, she was a waitress. Her tales alone have kept me from public eateries since

i dont see how this is a bad thing. if anything its going to mean better tasting healthier food.

the cost of said food might go up a bit because they need ot change ingrediants, but overall this is one of those changes thats a good thing just like the smoking.

the people that have the problem with it for the most part is they dont understand what transfat does to the body.

it would be like protesting if the government told me not to use lead paint.