dcsimg
A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Choppiness in Flash

Choppiness in Flash

So I'm writing this code where an object is moved across the screen (by adding to its ._x and ._y values) at a rate of generally about 5 pixels per frame, and it looks really, really choppy. I've tried adjusting the frame rate, up to 60 frames per second, but of course, then I have to raise the ._x and ._y values to get the appropriate speed. The choppiness makes it look pretty hideous. Is there anything else I can do about that, or is it pretty much just a feature of Flash (MX 2004, if that helps)?

Quote Originally Posted by TheTigerHobbes
    So I'm writing this code where an object is moved across the screen (by adding to its ._x and ._y values) at a rate of generally about 5 pixels per frame, and it looks really, really choppy. I've tried adjusting the frame rate, up to 60 frames per second, but of course, then I have to raise the ._x and ._y values to get the appropriate speed. The choppiness makes it look pretty hideous. Is there anything else I can do about that, or is it pretty much just a feature of Flash (MX 2004, if that helps)?
    Tween It

Well, the point is that I'm making a game and this is a piece of AI code for a sprite to move pretty much any which way it pleases on the fly. So... yeah, can't really tween it.