A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Swift 3D crashing while rendering 35 frames in

Swift 3D crashing while rendering 35 frames in

I am trying to render a vector animation, its a fairly big scene but nothing to huge, the entire animation is 233 frames long. I first tried rendering it on my Intel Core Duo machen and when it got 35 frames in it crashed and I got a "Do you wan't to send error report" (obiously I am using XP) so I bring the entire project to my secondary computer runing an AMD Sempron 3100+ and sure enough 35 frames in to the render it crashes. Why is it doing this on TWO diffrent computers?!? I don't want to have to render it in 34 frame chunks.
    This is our world now, the world of the electron and the switch. We exist without nationality, skin color, or religious bias.

That's a pretty long animation for a complex scene. You may not want to render it in 34-frame chunks, but prepare for that possibility and just embrace it if that's what it takes to make this happen.

I would try experimenting with larger chunks first, though. Try just cutting it in half or into thirds and see if that works.
    mrush

> .. _ .: Join the FK ARENA!:..:RUSHVision vs. JWin:. _ .. <
    ..:: "Why aren't the lockout programs working?!?...Release the monkey!" ::..