dcsimg
A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: new Netstream not working.

new Netstream not working.

Hello,

my connection to the server was working ok but 2 days ago it stopped working. I tested also with mr-webcam sample and record-ns.onStatus is not called after calling: new netStream.

The server is started as always but there is no way to start a netstream.

Any ideas about what i should check?

Thanks. Ed.

flashcom addict
    It could be any number of things - make 100% sure that your code is correct rtmp://your-ip-address:1935/your-new-app/
    uppercase wont connect to lower case names !
    also look at any new software you installed (antivirus software / firewall software especially) test an exsisting application see if you connect and all works ok
    FCS , FMS , Red5 and Wowza application demos online
    see our 18 streaming cameras (including 6 wireless IP cameras)
    8 networked computers some running Windows xp pro others running Linux Centos,The main website running on Sun Colbalt RaQ550 with 1.5 gig of ram using strongbolt software and the latest Centos OS

Hello Mr-webcam,
    thanks for answering. I use your sample application as a reference (not modified at all after i just removed the video thing). It was working ok and when my application stopped working i run yours and i saw that it wasn´t connecting either.

client_nc.onStatus gets called and it calls initStreams() but record_ns.onStatus and live_ns.onStatus never get called so the application doesn´t work.

The only thing that has changed is that i have installed a virtual machine with linux (using vmware). In theory that shouldn´t affect at all but maybe it did after all.
    I can´t continue developing and I really don´t know what to do.

Thanks.

flashcom addict
    virtual machine in theory should not be a problem, my suggestion would be uninstall flash media server and then re install it it might then work.
    FCS , FMS , Red5 and Wowza application demos online
    see our 18 streaming cameras (including 6 wireless IP cameras)
    8 networked computers some running Windows xp pro others running Linux Centos,The main website running on Sun Colbalt RaQ550 with 1.5 gig of ram using strongbolt software and the latest Centos OS

Hi Mr-Webcam,

thanks for your suggestion. Unfortunately the problem remains after uninstalling and installing the flash server. This is beginning to be an issue for me cause my development is stuck at the moment.

Thanks. Ed.