A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Looking for something specific but unsure what to call it, so cannot search!

Looking for something specific but unsure what to call it, so cannot search!

I'm not sure what to call this so I will describe it and hope someone could help me out with it or atleast what its called so I could search for it.

I have my webpage set-up to be a perfect fit (no horizontal or vertical scroll bars on the sides) but I am wanting to put large amounts of text on the screen. So I am looking to have an area (400x400 maybe) where the text will show up and it has a scroll bar next to it, in the middle of the screen, to go up and down the text there. I'm not sure how to search for what I'm looking for, nor what the best way to approach this is. Is this better for flash, css, html, xml etc?

I'm also looking into the possibility of having a separate file with the actual text in it on the server, so all I would have to do is update a small xml or .txt file to edit the news portions of the site. I know this is possible in Flash but is there an easy way to do this with Dreamweaver 8 demo?

I just found what its called, IFrame in case anyone else has this problem.

you dont even need an iframe you can do a div and set scroll bars with it...
    i think ive done somthing similar to this before.