dcsimg
A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: How do I create .FLV file? Please help!

How do I create .FLV file? Please help!

I am new to the flash videos and I am trying to add videos using FlashMX 2004. I see that it comes with MediaPlayBack Component but how do I use it? I've tested how to play MP3 but it seems that in order for me to link a video, I have to have the video in FLV format. Could someone please help me figure this out? Thank you in advance.
    Ghost

Yes, the video needs to be an FLV file. You can create one by importing your video into flash. (File->Import->Import Video...)
    Then in the MediaPlayback parameters (see the Properties inspector) type the path to the FLV in the URL field.

For more control over file size and video quality, export the FLV using Sorenson Squeeze.

Thanks for your reply. I only see file>import>import to stage/import to library/open external library (i do not see import video). Once the video is uploaded, how do I save as a .FLV file? I understand the part about drag & drop for the media controller component.
    Thank you.
    Ghost

Try file->import and choose the video you want to import.
    Once the video is in the flash library as an flv, it can be exported by right clicking it and choosing Properties.

If you have Flash Professional, you should also have the Flash Video Encoder, which should be under "Macromedia" in your start menu (if you're using Windows).

Quote Originally Posted by Dene
    Try file->import and choose the video you want to import.
    Once the video is in the flash library as an flv, it can be exported by right clicking it and choosing Properties.
    Great! it works now! Now I just have to setup the sizing. Thank you very much
    Ghost

Quote Originally Posted by rdoyle720
    If you have Flash Professional, you should also have the Flash Video Encoder, which should be under "Macromedia" in your start menu (if you're using Windows).
    Thank you for your reply. I will look into this, I would like to learn more about Flash Videos. Thanks again.
    Ghost

Banned For a Long Time
    here is somthing about create flash videos as easy as possible.
    http://videos-flash.blogspot.com/
    there is some artical about flash video.