A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: [Complete] FrostFight

[Complete] FrostFight

Hello!
    We've just released a flash game for the winter season called FrostFight. No popups, no ads, no complications--just fun. Please take a look at it and let me know what you think.
    Thanks!
    Matt

http://www.frostfight.com

Student
    some things that come to my mind:
    - very big screen (runs pretty slow on this computer)
    - nice animations (look very natural)
    - very difficult for me , getting the right power + aiming correctly (2 visual elements to keep track of) seems to be quite hard at least for me.

nice game

yes, runs very very slow, and I have a great comp.

Seems to run ok for me if not a bit choppy in places.

Fun game and I like the animation which matches human movement very well. The 3rd person perspective works well.

I got through the 1st few levels quite quickly.
    May 2009 - Working on Thorenzitha RPG - episode 7

Thanks for the comments everyone! Keep 'em coming.

As far as the game slowness goes, we'll look into it. If anyone else is experiencing this problem, please also include your machine specs (at least processor and RAM) in your comments. This will help us pinpoint the issue.

Matt

It ran realy good for me.

Student
    well our system is a old PIII 700 Mhz, but even as we turned the anti alias level to low it was still slower as other flash games we´ve seen here.
    We recomend you using a smaler resolution and or cache some elements as bitmaps.

seriously: would you mind avoiding the plural talk, aren´t we chatting directly with you.

back beeing serious:
    did you aimed for a certain minimum screen resulotion to run at least within? I could be wrong but I guess that it wont fit in most OS´s & their browsers @ 1024*768 - if so you should use max. ~ 955*600 pixels because that´s the space the website/ game fits on most computers/ browsers running at 1024*768.
    Also have you tried some blur effects on the snowball´s or throwing animation (if you dont have access to flash 8 IDE you might try some ghosting frame effects)- that could look really cool
    Last edited by renderhjs; 01-02-2007 at 09:51 PM.

Nice game, the graphics were the best elements of this game imo.

This is quite different from the usuall snowball games, in a good way. Having to charge your throw aswell as aim and dodge at the same time could get quite challenging (only if you have a fast enough computer )
    The biggest problem is that (as already mentioned) the game runs very slow, and consequently I couldn't enjoy the game at all apart from checking out the graphics.

Hopefully you can optimize your code and get the game running faster soon. Good luck
    Viza

EDIT: For security reasons, my older computer only has an internet connection (AMD Athlon XP 1700+ with 256MB RAM)
    Last edited by Viza; 01-02-2007 at 09:38 PM.

i'm on a rather crappy computer at the moment, can't tell you specs but it looks really fun for runs too slow for me to really know...
    mmm signature

amd athlon, 256 agp video, 1 gig ram

Maybie it's not the game running slow, just the way it is played, just seems laggy and sluggish to me, not very clean.

As to the size, I would not recomend going over 800x600, believe it or not alot of peeps still use that res. And even that is a bit big, but I would not suggect going over 600 on the height ever.

btw, Who is we?
    Last edited by everfornever; 01-03-2007 at 01:42 AM.

We Are... Us

The game was developed as an internal project for our company (The New Group). As you can see in the credits, several people have worked on the game. I didn't want to use "I" because I'm not the only one who was a part of this project. In fact, I was only used as a character reference. So, the "we" is everyone here that took part in animation and programming--the people that I take these comments back to for game revisions.

Thanks for the comments and system specs!

We/Us/Our