dcsimg
A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: what is the diffrence between a graphic and a movie???

what is the diffrence between a graphic and a movie in flash when you convert them???

u dont convert an swf to a graphic, u can export a graphic from flash but it will only be one frame of work..

Perhaps you are talking about converting symbols?

If that is so let me know.

ScratchingEverything

100% Swedish
    Well, I had a few thoughts about that myself a few time.....and I would like to know it too right now...I always use a movieclip to import video images....so you "rebuild" the movieclip.

Well I am a bit curious too so.......

Yeah, that's definitely the best way to use video in flash. I hate exporting video as stills but them's the breaks as they say.

I don't think this member is talking about anything with that though.
    I think there is some confusion as to what the difference is between using a movie clip as a graphic and vice versa.

But we'll see.

ScratchingEverything

100% Swedish

Yeah,

I know what he means : if you convert something with F8, why can you choose between a graphic or a MC.....whats the difference

yes symbols I know how to do everything else!@

umm i dont know whats been answered but one of the main things mcs are amazing for is actions scripting, graphics cant be used for that, also mcs can have scripts written in them to be called in movies, they hold major amounts of info, mc's can also have movie's in them and they are what is used for load movie if ur not using layers, mcs can assign a load movie to a distinct coord, well ill just shut up now

I didn't look at those other sites (sorry) but a font that hasnt failed for me is Adobe Helvetica font. It anti-aliases well even in flash, although the only place i know where to get it is to pay for it from adobe.

Please ignore that last one, it was meant for a different thread. As for the difference between graphic and mc: the graphic should only be editable in the sense that its size, rotation, alpha, etc can be changed. The should be able to be changed and manipulated using actionscript.