A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: wouter vs. gerbick | four quick shots...

FK'n Elitist Super Mod EVPohovich's Avatar
    I agree, and while it is a tad dark for my taste, I am totally diggin' this serve...

...does that say "forbidden bath"???

Gerbick, I must say that when I scrolled this page I sort of choked on some air when your piece rolled up. My favorite thing about art is how shocking it can be, at first glance or even after hours of staring. I commend you for solid composition, brilliant movement...

Haha I keep looking at your image to explain why your choices were so spot on but coherent words have escaped me. I just find this expansion of your work to be an excellent production and I'll maintain good faith that you know why. Hope to see more of this stuff from you.

I'm sorry, I really do not have anything constructive to say about this.

Quote Originally Posted by EVPohovich
    ...does that say "forbidden bath"???
    I think it's "bathing is forbidden" or "No swimming".

Nice work Gerbs, this place needs to shed some 2006 cobwebs, nice to see the arena picking up a bit.

It's hardly a quick shot, but I kind of like it. It's got that nice old duotone film polarising thing going for it.
    hello.

wow!! i love it. I dont know what i like about it really, perhaps its the colors or perhaps its the unusual combinations of shapes and photograph, i dont know. But it is very interesting to look at, youve made a pic that makes ppl wanna explore. well done.

one thing though, the "photoshop battle" sign kinda kills it. It is more of a distraction rather than part of the pic. I would have just made it so plain so it wouldnt pop up so much like that.

Wouter, I hate you. For the last day, I've been looking at that picture of yours finding new ways that I could possibly segue into a new picture, but instead, I'd just rather stop and look at yours.

Regardless... this is a "quick battle"... so look for an image here shortly. And sadly... it'll be the last.

The wake-up call to the Arena... worked.

Awesome image, mixture of styles, muted/pastel colors and vectors. Agree with the text placement... you could have done without it and had a perfect image imho.

[ Hello ] | [ gerbick ] | [ Ω ]

FK'n Elitist Super Mod EVPohovich's Avatar
    That image really rocks wouter. I really like the text treatment, it just doesn't go with this image though.

Sad to think that this battle is halfway over already, I say go four rounds not four volleys

damn. Clash of the titans going on all over here.
    Stunning volleys from both of you.

I like the text thing woutinator.

All I can say is ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh so pretty . I tell you looking at you two's work is inspiring yup. So Gerbick and Wouter at it once again back at the old stomping grounds great vollies I Have always like the way you give your pieces a vintage look Gerbick. Wouter Nice come back the colors and vectors are sweeeet.
    "What do you call a mouse's Shadow in the second moon?"

#3 of 4... and oddly enough, first image I've made in 2007 that I actually liked. Can't wait to see what you come up with mang.

Found out two things... "mang" in Tagalog means "old"... and that I really liked your image Wouter.

Damn gerbs, that's smokin. I'm not exactly sure what water reflections are real/photoshopped...which is a good thing. Awesome image dude.

Sweet jebus, that's spectacular. I'll get a-crackin'!
    hello.

Gerbs, that might be the best thing you have ever made......I am impressed dude.

Holy hell G! Stunning.

<from the back of the crowd> ohhhhhhhhhhhhh s***! AGAIN! I bumped up the brightness to see if I could determine whether or not the pagoda was originally part of the dock (I see it is) and now I'm not sure which I like. If you could find some way to bring out the detail in the structure you'd take the whole image over the top.

Wouter, I really liked your first image. The pastel / watercolor-like colors in the center were really nice. It has that "reflecting light off of a CD" quality to it.

Fantastic image gerbick! Meticulous attention to details, like lighting the torches. Awesome! Nice subtle brushwork in the sky, excellent colors. This is just about perfect.

wallpaper size?

Quote Originally Posted by silverx2
    wallpaper size?

lol. thanks for the kudos. funny thing. each time I battle wouter, a desktop comes out of that battle.

I'll work on making it happen... the original image for the lotus temple is 1600x1200. And I definitely need to get my new monitor calibrated... it's too damn bright and everything I've done so far has been too dark on other computers.

I'm just happy to see the Arena back alive... now let's keep it that way.