A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Moving an FLV

Moving an FLV

I am a beginner when it comes to FLVS, working on Flash MX 04 and 8.

I am working on a project that has a gallery of video clips, and the order is constantly being rearranged. All the clips work once compressed to the stage in FLV format from MOVs. But if I try to import an already-compressed FLV, it will play during the Test Movie but not on the published site..EVEN with the FLVS published to the server. On the server and on the local drive the FLV sits in the same folder as the SWF. But the MOV from which the FLV was made is in a different folder. Is this a factor? Thus far, I have had to re-compress the FLV from an MOV whenever I want a clip moved. I know there must be a faster/easier way.

Does the problem occur when you have imported an FLV to the timeline in FLash. Or is it when you load an external FLV file into the flash movie?

Once an FLV is created it doesn't rely on the source video file so the source file need not be on the server.

That doesn't seem to be the case. Whenever I play a swf on the server without uploading the FLV, the video won't play. The problem is occurring when I import an FLV to the timeline.

so the flv is embdded into your timeline and not loaded at runtime?