A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: more questions

more questions

I've already bought a copy of 3dfa, but if I installed a trial copy and exported a movie .exe is it mine to do with as I please?
    Last edited by Seas_Comander; 01-09-2007 at 03:18 AM.

If you have the real thing why get a trial? Is the trial newer? If you bought a version of 3dfa all releases after it should be free so you can just register that one.

A Senior Newbie - How Odd ForumNewbie's Avatar
    I don't believe there are any restrictions on distributing the output you generate using 3DFA. I think the suppliers cover their own interests by incorporating their logo and company name within the .exe file, so distributing the .exe files actually serves as an advertisement for their product. Having said that, I'd be surprised if the software allowed you to export an .exe from a trial version without automatically incorporating an advert within the movie itself.

You could read the license agreement that appears on installation just to check, but there's no restriction on the swf outputs, so I don't see why there would be on the .exe output.

If I were you, I would probably recompile the .exe using the full version, just in case there are any limitations with functionality with .exe's compiled using the trial version.

Cheers,

Morgan.
    Please note that my domain has changed to http://www.morganmultinational.com

An unregistered copy of 3DFA will continue to export executables and screensavers forever. Registration is only required for flash animations.

You can export and distribute all of the executables and screensavers that you need without ever having to register. There are no license limitations or adverts.

Many parts of the software, like the gif animator and the screensaver builder are effectively freeware.
    Cheers,
    kusco
    (3DFA Support Team)

My computer number changes often, I have a problem

The biggest suggestion there is and that i can suggest... go to www.3dfa.com and contact them and ask them about your problem they will be happy to help you.

A Senior Newbie - How Odd ForumNewbie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Seas_Comander
    My computer number changes often, I have a problem
    Out of interest, why does your computer number change so often?

I thought it was static unless you reformatted the hard drive.

M.
    Please note that my domain has changed to http://www.morganmultinational.com

I'm a beta tester for microsoft and used windows vista, I recently overclocked and had reformat because of that too, I am constantly buying new hardware to keep up with the latest desktop computing as well, not to mention other reasons it changes

I'm scared to install 3DFA again because I only have 1 reinstall left. When I purchased it said this wouldn't be a problem.

Also, why is it when I try to put swf movies into my 3dfa movie they don't work. I know you have to export and play in the browser but that doesn't help. Is there a way to play Avi files in 3dfa too?