A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Preloader not showing while loading....

Preloader not showing while loading....

Hi All,

Is there any reason why a preloader don't show up while loading a movie.
    The preloader is in the first frame and it is suppose to load the whole movie and after loading is complete, it should start playing from Frame 2.

Now what is happening is....loading is on (as viewed from Bandwith Profiler) but the preloader is not showing....and after it completes 100% the movie starts playing as usual.

The preloader size is very less and it is working fine with other fla files also. I have tried with 3 seperate loaders but of no use.

Can anyone please put some light on it?

Thanks
    Kallol

Visual Artist
    hi!
    You should try to make the preload go on a loop on the first two frame ; if doesn't work even like that is probably because you may been using some component or some clip exported in first frame, if so, try to anclick the option "export in first frame" and put your clips with the linkage in the 3th frame off the screen and make your animation start from the 4th frame.
    I hope that helps.
    Sorry for my english!(I'm italian!)
    ||||||||||||||||||||||||
    COMPICTOR : : WEB LAB
    ||||||||||||||||||||||||

Thanks....

I will try this out and let you know if I have succeeded or not.

Thanks again
    Kallol

Hi Compictor,

Thanks for your suggestions. The animation loading is working perfectly but it is showing after around 60% is loaded. The same thing happening with other preloader also.

You have helped me solving my loader problem thanks for that. Do you have any other suggestions why it is showing after 50-60%?

Thanks for your kind help.

Kallol

Visual Artist
    Kallol you are welcome, glad to help.
    Are you using any attach movie clip exported in first frame or any embeded fonts? Because that it is usualy the problem: the value in byte on the first frame stops the animation wich goes to the second frame only when the loading of the clips exported or the font embeded is completed. For the clips try what I suggested in my first post:
    try to anclick the option "export in first frame" and put your clips with the linkage in the 3th frame off the screen and make your animation start from the 4th frame.
    Regarding the font embeded I have not found a work around yet my self, so I take the chance to ask one of the gurus in this forum for the solution!
    ||||||||||||||||||||||||
    ||||||||||||||||||||||||

Thanks for the reply.

But in my first frame I have nothing except the loading MC and in the first frame a Stop(); action is there for the loader to complete. But nothing is getting exported as u have mentioned in the first frame. It was there previously which I have already mentioned and I have removed it also and after that the loading is showing but only after 50-60% is getting completed.

Any clue?

Thanks
    Kallol

Visual Artist
    Ok kallol...mmm... no clip exported...
    what about components or embeded fonts?
    Well , probably the best would be to view what you up to so that we can see what the problem and give you a better help.
    Try to attach the file or a link to it.
    bye
    P.S.
    an idea... what is the total size of the file? Is the preloader graph size compare to the total the 60% of it?
    ||||||||||||||||||||||||
    ||||||||||||||||||||||||

Hi,

Here is a sample file for you....sample1.zip.

Now I have encountered a problem is that it is not displaying the images now.

Also I might need a scroller later one in the big text area also in future. For that I use a component...I am just informing you that I can use it in future

Please help me out. Please let me know if you have any suggestions.

Thanks
    Kallol
    Attached Files Attached Files

You have 2 object that are set to export in first frame through linkage (that from the component) and that is your problem.

Follow this link for solutions (scroll to: Loading Complications):

http://www.senocular.com/flash/tutorials/preloading/

gparis

Visual Artist
    sorry I'm late,
    but as I have allready ask you
    Are you using any attach movie clip exported in first frame or any embeded fonts? Because that it is usualy the problem: the value in byte on the first frame stops the animation wich goes to the second frame only when the loading of the clips exported or the font embeded is completed.
    what about components or embeded fonts?
    and
    try to anclick the option "export in first frame" and put your clips with the linkage in the 3th frame off the screen and make your animation start from the 4th frame.
    discovering you are using a component after all...
    anyway gparis has given you the solution, just read carefully.

For gparis:
    I like to take the chance to ask gparis for a solution when the weight in the first frame results from an embeded font: what we do in that case? Have you got a work around in flash MX AS1?
    tnx
    Last edited by compictor; 01-14-2007 at 11:00 AM.
    ||||||||||||||||||||||||
    ||||||||||||||||||||||||

to compictor:

if that weight prevents a preloader to start at 0% (if that matters) then don't embed the font. Use a common font like Verdana/Arial etc..
    If you can't (for example, if your field is masked) i'm afraid your preloader may have to start around 10%. Which, in most cases, is no that big a deal, and doesn't totally ruin the user experience
    If that preloder is REALLY important, then use a separate .fla to preload the main.

In any cases, components and the likes are the most damageable to a preloader.

gparis

Thanks for this help and all suggestions Compictor and gparis!!

I will go through the solution offered by Gparis and will try to implement it. But guys I will come back to u all again if I face any problem

Thanks for the Kind help.

Kallol

Hi Gparis and Compictor,

Thanks for the tutorial. But the problem that I was facing in the later half is still there.
    I have tried Unchecking the "Export in First Frame" and for that the loading is showing perfectly but the problwm is - My screenshots are not getting displayed.

Please Help. You guys have done a lot for me, I am looking for some more help from you all.

Thanks
    Kallol

My screenshots are not getting displayed.
    how are they supposed to get displayed?

*to aloha2: what's with the highjacking threads?

gparis

Visual Artist
    hei Kallol, are the screenshot located in the clips with the linkage wich you have unchecked the "export in first frame" option? If so, you must put the clip in the stage in a frame that doesn't get showen, so that the preloader works and later you can use the clip in your actionscript ( attachMovieclip probably?).
    As have allready told you here:
    Otherwise try to be more clear or send a complete file with all the actionscript you are using and not like the last one wich was not the full file ( it's very hard to help with not knowing what is the problem!).
    Bye for now
    ||||||||||||||||||||||||
    ||||||||||||||||||||||||

Hi All,

The file that I have uploaded is the full file. The ONLY difference is....the file that I have with me has 10 screenshots to be displayed and the file that I have sent you has 2 screenshots that is displaying.

Other actionscripts and other elements remains the same. You can consider hat as the full file.

Please let me know if you need any more clarifications.

Thanks a lot

Kallol

Visual Artist
    Kallol,
    I downloaded your sample file again (thinking you may have updated it somehow...) and I haven't found any screenshot at all! They are not in the library.
    ||||||||||||||||||||||||
    ||||||||||||||||||||||||

Hi Compictor,

Really sorry for that....it is my mistake.

Here it is....can you please look in to this one? I really need this help badly.

Thanks
    Kallol

Here it is.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Visual Artist
    ok Kallol,
    I had a look to the file with the screenshots...but there is not way they are going to show up like that: you haven't got any actionscript that relate to them in anyway! You must at list convert them in symbols, in movieclips and then put them directly on the stage ( you have a time line with frame labels setup wich suggest this simple solution ) or you can give them a linkage id and use the attach movie clip method to show them at runtime.
    Last edited by compictor; 01-19-2007 at 09:49 AM.
    ||||||||||||||||||||||||
    ||||||||||||||||||||||||