A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: manipulating video NetStream

manipulating video NetStream

Hi,

I was trying to put multiple instances of chroma-keyed video streams on stage, which are collected with camera input.

What I made so far, is a simple class which creates masked video in runtime. This class runs smooth by itself alone, but when there are more then something like 10 of them on stage, it turns into a cpu hog.

After having some performance issues, I thought it would help a lot if there is a way to manipulate the video (eg. add alpha channel) from camera input before the stream gets published to MMS.. which I couldn't find much information on.

So.. does anyone know a way of doing this..? or is it simply not possible..?
    I am so dying for learning the smart way of making this run smoothly so any comments are welcome
    __.spinks,,,_________

\x3a\x6f\x29
    So you want to add an alpha-channel before Flash recieves the input? This is not an AS3 question in my eyes then.

joa,

It could be a way to add alpha channels before flash receives it, but I was actually hoping this could be done within flash with actionscript 3 (I was simply thinking, with as2 this could be not possible )

For example,
    1) flash receives video input from camera,
    2) flash processes chroma key and adds alpha channel to video
    3) flash publishes the video stream to MMS

is this possible?
    __.spinks,,,_________

The main improvements for video came with player 8 and there are no further improvements it appears introduced with AS3.

Check this article about Flex2. If there was somebody would have reported it.

http://www.adobe.com/devnet/flex/art...ex2_intro.html
    - The right of the People to create Flash movies shall not be infringed. -

pm me if you need a easy way to do this
    I ask you all to concentrate really hard on the freedom of all being. Its hard not to be very angry it is impossible We have to focus this confusion frustration helplessness feeling into a creative outlet Anger can spawn such amazing creativity through Street art Free art to teach each other know each other a language our evolution Go ahead and break some dumb rules