A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 13 of 33 FirstFirst ... 39101112131415161723 ... LastLast

Thread: RollCanvas IV (now finished) :: Discussion Thread

hiya vulf, im gonna hafta agree with gerbs there, plus I think the text is a little hard to read. It's an interesting deviation from my image though man, and very impressive considering that it was drawn on a tablet.although, considering a lot of the images i've seen in FK, I wouldn't be suprised if a lot of them were made with the help of a tablet... if you know what mean... *wink*

the tribal style of the (what would you call em...) bubbles? yeah I'll go with bubbles. anyway the tribal style texture on the bubbles is neat. I would suggest, more cool freaky tribal patterns, less harsh bubbles.

writing this, i wonder. is anyone going to review all of the images after the unveiling this time around? *getting hopes up*

one more thing, I saved each step of my 'canvas stiching' into seperate images. I'm thinking of putting up a tutorial guide for very basic stiching. would anyone be interested? (it would obviously have to be put online after the unveiling...)
    "Good lord, you're wasting thousands of dollars worth of Interferon!"
    "... and you're Interferon with our good time!"

PS: hoorah! this is officially my 700th post

sorry to triple (again), but I just had a thought and I didn't want to forget it by the morning.

consider we all saved each (progressive) step of our rollcanvas entries (I only saved the stitch on mine, and previous volleys probably didn't do this, but stay with me here people...) and put them all together in an animated video where you could watch the whole rollcanvas just being put together. I would suggest a flash anim, but there would be just wayy too many images for it to be appropriate.

The video would be fast paced (one 'step' every quater second), and every time a volley was animated to the point of completion, the video pan across to the next persons volley (and it too would be 'built').

what are peoples thoughts on this RollMovie?

Sounds like a great idea, but like you said kinda late. Could work for next time though.
    ------------------

Sometimes we are the windshield. . . But, most of the time, we are just the bug. (c;
    My cycling themed designs Pats Design Portfolio

Quote Originally Posted by TheWaste
    writing this, i wonder. is anyone going to review all of the images after the unveiling this time around? *getting hopes up*
    I'll at least do yours, how about that?

one more thing, I saved each step of my 'canvas stiching' into seperate images. I'm thinking of putting up a tutorial guide for very basic stiching. would anyone be interested? (it would obviously have to be put online after the unveiling...)
    I'd like to see it.
    mrush

> .. _ .: Join the FK ARENA!:..:RUSHVision vs. JWin:. _ .. <
    ..:: "Why aren't the lockout programs working?!?...Release the monkey!" ::..

I love how we start with manipulations and its now moving into more of a vexel vibe.
    Cant wait to see what this looks like.

I saved each step of my 'canvas stiching' into seperate images. I'm thinking of putting up a tutorial guide for very basic stiching. would anyone be interested? (it would obviously have to be put online after the unveiling...)
    i'd be interested in seeing that

re: signs of interest for tutorial
    thats good enough for me... although, a basic leave means a pretty basic tute. I guess it would make good framework for a beginner though...

Uh-oh...TheWaste has put the almighty spinning vectors in his avatar. A sure sign he's on the road to becoming an 'FK Heavyweight'.

As for the tutorial, I just like seeing how other people work. I did one for both the RollCanvas and my March Madness entry last year. You're right in thinking it will mostly benefit people who are newer to the arena, but there will still be plenty who are interested in taking a look at your methods. To make it most useful though, you will want to include the thoughts that went into your decisions to do what you did, rather than just a brief technical breakdown of your steps.
    mrush

> .. _ .: Join the FK ARENA!:..:RUSHVision vs. JWin:. _ .. <
    ..:: "Why aren't the lockout programs working?!?...Release the monkey!" ::..

I might do that for mine when it comes up, Rush. Will help me actually think through an idea before I start .

sent in... sorry for the delay guys. can't stay focused on jack lately.

[ Hello ] | [ gerbick ] | [ Ω ]

Quote Originally Posted by gerbick
    sent in... sorry for the delay guys. can't stay focused on jack lately.
    No problem Gerbs. We've got your back.

oh **** i guess that means i'm up? came up quicker than i thought it would. Will wait for evp to post Gerbs leave.

Quote Originally Posted by EVPohovich
    Turnaround is 3 days. If you need an extension I will allow 1 day ONLY.
    EVP, I know you're busy man, but could we appoint someone else to help out? It has been 3 days since Gerbs submitted his image.

I just want this thing to progress smoothly and follow the proper timeline. 10 days for a turnaround will inevitably make this thing last a heck of a lot longer than it was supposed to.

weekends, real life kicks in... it'll be Monday soon in the US

Quote Originally Posted by gerbick
    weekends, real life kicks in... it'll be Monday soon in the US
    See, for me, weekends are when I can do FK stuff and spend more time browsing the net. Rest of the week is work and such.

No I can't do it by tommorow.. 1stbite's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DaVulf
    Rest of the week is work and such.

exactly.. work = browsing FK

::: quickly closes browser as boss passes :::
    and in a blink of an eye...
    Media and Multimedia Courses in Nottingham - First Diploma | IMedia | HND | Foundation Degrees | BA(Hons) Top Ups.

Give a Twit a chance!

Quote Originally Posted by DaVulf
    See, for me, weekends are when I can do FK stuff and spend more time browsing the net. Rest of the week is work and such.
    Key words... "for me"

We moderate this site heavily during the week... EVP and I are supermods. Having some downtime on the weekends is a blessing. We've historically not pressed people for weekend submissions. I'd rather be outside than on my computer during the weekend.

As it stands, you seriously sound as if you're saying you could do a better job.

Personally, I've never seen you direct/manage a thing in the Arena.

Patience. It's not that hard. If anything, start with the origin of this delay; me.

Asking to run something and you've never done it; I'd think otherwise before saying you can assist when you might not know the scope of how time-consuming managing a monster like a RollCanvas might be.

We all respect the time commitment that managing a project like this can be...It's just that we're so fk'n excited to get to our turn that sometimes we don't stop and take the blinders off before posting.

I can see where DaVulf is coming from here, but I don't think he's intending to insinuate that EVP is not living up to his responsibilities as a mod. EVP is everywhere on this board, organizing and monitoring, and I don't think anyone could even for a second get the impression that he's slacking off.

Great image gerbs! I'm next after lefteye.
    *twitches with anticipation*

FK'n Elitist Super Mod EVPohovich's Avatar
    gerbick's leave is posted. lefteyewilly you are up!

And stop your whining DaVulf, just because you have nothing to do on the w/e doesn't mean the rest of us have no life either. Actually I had no power on Saturday.....so nothing got done.