A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: custom preloader for loader component content

custom preloader for loader component content

hi there

i`m new to this. And i have a problem i`m trying to solve. I have a site made in flash and i use loader component to load different swf`s. But the swf`s are pretty large and i want to have a simple preloader to show the message "loading" and no percentage for each swf i load. I found many tutorials about that, but all are mentioning the preloader component, and i do not want to use that because i want my own made frames in the preload animation (like the logo of my site for example). Can anyone help me on that, or point me some links?

Anticipated thanks...

not'n' wrong with hat'n' sushi iHATEsushi's Avatar
    This is what you need from what I am understanding.

http://www.bellaonline.com/articles/art1688.asp

This is just a loading with no status bar.

Quote Originally Posted by uservalabil
    hi there

i`m new to this. And i have a problem i`m trying to solve. I have a site made in flash and i use loader component to load different swf`s. But the swf`s are pretty large and i want to have a simple preloader to show the message "loading" and no percentage for each swf i load. I found many tutorials about that, but all are mentioning the preloader component, and i do not want to use that because i want my own made frames in the preload animation (like the logo of my site for example). Can anyone help me on that, or point me some links?

Anticipated thanks...