dcsimg
A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Help with creating a event calendar

Help with creating a event calendar

Need some advice or even how to...

I have a yearly event calendar that is in Excel format, that changes periodically. The data in the file is dates and locations(of two seperate calendars). I would like to load them into a dynamic text box from the excel file...I am not sure this is possible without some database capabilities, which I don't have.

Currently, I use a text file that loads into a textbox, that has been constructed with a html convertor then saved as a text file. This is time consuming and frustrating..

Is there a better way to do this?? I have two seperate calenders that need to be updated routinely. Trying to find a way to make this easier and look better also..

Visit the site Golden Knights
    Click on the schedule button and you will see what I have been doing..

Really would like to make this look more professional.. Any help would be greatly appreciated..

Thanks

I don't quite understand the relation to flash but here is a tutorial to make a calendar.

http://flashscript.biz/MX2004/calend...e_chooser.html
    - The right of the People to create Flash movies shall not be infringed. -
    | www.Flashscript.biz | Flashscript Biz Classes/Components |

Thanks for the reply,

This is what I have two seperate calendars that have events each weekend. I want the easiest way possible to update the calendar with these events. Plus make it look nice as well..
    For instance: on Mar 3-4 Detroit, Michigan Team A on one calendar and Mar 3-4 Tampa, FL Team B on another. Could be same calendar if able to specify and have enough room to describe..

I guess a popup window with that info could work but wold be alot of work..
    Blue Skies,
    Dave

Excel and Flash

You can convert your excel files to csv which flash can read variables from and post. You can also use PHP to opena csv file from flash and post to the csv.

I have done this using SwishMax, so do a search for loading variables from an excel csv file, and you can then dynamically update your site.
    WildChili.com

Unfortunately, I don't have the abliity to use PHP... I am limited to what I have on our webserver... sucks.. thanks for the tip..

any other ideas???
    Blue Skies,
    Dave