A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: [F8] Login/Register forum

[F8] Login/Register forum

I need help... Im making a flash login screen and a flash register screen. I have the login screen and register is ready. When people register I want a email sent to them saying "Thanks for your enlistment form here is your information and it gives then there First name:, Last name:, Location, Agent ID (Random 5 or 6 Password Givin by the site) and a pin code their password) then they are able to login to the site when they get the info from the email. Then when they login they have a little profile at the top that shows their Name, Agent ID, and Location.

If you know how to do this please help.
    Thanks
    Last edited by Matthew0088; 01-24-2007 at 11:19 PM.

you can download my login/register flash app from my library..hopefully that will get u started
    Flashmatics | Flashmatics Library (free downloads)
    -----------------------------------------------------
    Latest Projects:
    The Dead Room | Are You Smarter | Prison Break (Frame A Friend) | Beck's Fusions | The 24 Experience

Flash Certified Developer

This helped alot but the MySQL comes up as an error I cant get it in the data base... check your email for your site..

Quote Originally Posted by silentweed
    you can download my login/register flash app from my library..hopefully that will get u started
    Can you explain what registry change you had your site make to the address bar dissapear from IE? Standard tactics won't retrive it from me, and it's gone on any new IE I open now.

Gee, thanks.

I understand that you have to use var's to send from php to mysql Ive learned that much... now I have a login screen and a register screen ready to plug in the data base. I have a First name: Sur name: Agent ID: Email: and Pin #:

First name and sur name dont matter that much... but the Agent ID is going to be a random 5 or 6 number and letter password. The Pin# will be the password the user entered at the register screen and can use.

When they enter the register it sends the info to there email box and they can get the Agent ID and Pin# to login. When they login I want it to take them to a a diffrent part of the swf.

Please help me create the coding for these actions.

Quote Originally Posted by balancedone
    Can you explain what registry change you had your site make to the address bar dissapear from IE? Standard tactics won't retrive it from me, and it's gone on any new IE I open now.

Gee, thanks.
    well i had my html page make a 'golden handshake' with your registry and then the html page politely asked your registry that whenever you open up a page in IE, not to show you your address bar.
    lol..dude I dont have the foggiest what you are talking about!!!

Mathew i'll try helping u out with your prob this weekend if i get the time..
    Flashmatics | Flashmatics Library (free downloads)
    Latest Projects:
    The Dead Room | Are You Smarter | Prison Break (Frame A Friend) | Beck's Fusions | The 24 Experience

Flash Certified Developer

okay thanks

Quote Originally Posted by silentweed
    well i had my html page make a 'golden handshake' with your registry and then the html page politely asked your registry that whenever you open up a page in IE, not to show you your address bar.
    lol..dude I dont have the foggiest what you are talking about!!!

Mathew i'll try helping u out with your prob this weekend if i get the time..
    Right after I opened up your site, my address bar was gone from IE. And I don't mean, right-click on it and have it come back up. I mean gone. And I haven't been able to recover it since. No joke.