A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: [F8] Need help please

[F8] Need help please

I have a two frame movie. In the second frame I am dynamically creating some text fields. What I would like to do is when a user enters text into the text fields on frame two, if they go to frame one and come back to frame two the text will still be there. Can someone help me with this?

ThanksNeed help please
    sgekko

See the flash tutorials. They have an example like this with an Accordion component. You may be able to look at the code and translate it into what you need.

The tutorial is called "Fix Your Mistake". (Use "search" while viewing the help files.)

Thanks for everyones help. I did discover one thing. If you manually create textfields say in my case on frame two and need the values to stick between frames one and two just give the textfield a variable name and this seems to work. However if you create them dynamically I could not get this to work by using textfield.variable = whatever;.

Thanks Again
    sgekko

example:

Code:
    this.createTextField("my_txt", 1, 10, 10, 200, 22);
    my_txt.variable = "today_date";
    var today_date:Date = new Date();

var date_interval:Number = setInterval(updateDate, 500);
    function updateDate():Void {
        today_date = new Date();
    }

Yes, I know you can I am just saying that it did not cause the users text entry to stick from frame two to frame one and back to frame two when settting the variable dynamically but it seem to work when creating a textfield manually and entering a variable name. Kinda strange.
    sgekko