A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Anyone know Trigonomitry?

not'n' wrong with hat'n' sushi iHATEsushi's Avatar

Anyone know Trigonomitry?

I probably spelled the word wrong let alone know how to impliment it.

I am trying to get a simple circle to move in a figure 8 formation using trigonomitry math to do it but using actionscript to code this direction .

I can't find any tutorials on line and only found one that moves it in a circle. I was unable to tweek the code to make it move in this formation.

Can anyone help?

Im using Flash 8. Thanks in advance.

P.S. if anyone replies and does know how to use it can you provide me with a sample explaining the logistics so I know what's happening with the code and how it is reading it.

Unless you are forced to use trig to solve your problem, I would suggest using a motion path and getting the circle to follow that.
    Feeling chatty?
    http://www.mitsuku.com

not'n' wrong with hat'n' sushi iHATEsushi's Avatar
    Actually I'm not being forced, but just heard how this form of math is being used in actionscript and was just curious. The reason why I selected a number 8 was pretty much random and I was going to see about creating something kind of dinky I guess like a person rolling a snowball on the ground and using trig to control where the snowball goes. I guess I was curious and wondered how it was done doing it this way.